Trapped in Silver Cage

Chapter 6:

Chapter 6:

Trapped in Silver Cage

...

When he opened his eyes from Morpheus's realm, the young Salvatore was greeted by a bright sunlight streamed down on him from the deep blue skies above him, opposite to the dark stone ceiling he had back then at the tomb. He glanced around the place and was surprised to find that he was sitting on a stone bench in the town square.

Perplexed by the sudden change, he stood up from his seat and glanced around him to find any clue or reason for him to be here. The sound of chattering people and the sweet delicious smell of food answered him as he looked up ahead of him to see an entrance for some sort of festival.

Stefan hesitated for a brief moment, contemplating his choice before he walked towards the said entrance. He looked around the sea of people inside the area, searching for someone, anything who he's familiar with. Then, at the corner of his eyes, he caught a figure of someone he ever thought of seeing again. Stood not far from him was, the figure was none other than his dead fiancée. She was still in her white night gown she had 145 years ago. The red haired woman looked directly at him before slowly disappeared into the crowd.

"W-Wait," Stefan shouted, pushing his way through the crowd to find her, "Please!"

No matter how much he tried to catch up with her, she would always be a few steps in front him, getting further and further away from his reach. Despites that, he kept on chasing for her until he reached on the edge of forest. He paused in middle of his track, hesitated to enter and watched as her figure consumed by the darkness inside the forest.

A few moments later, a coppery smell of blood entered his nostril and triggered an unwanted reaction from him. A fiery sensation instantly burned his throat as he could feel his fangs pushed its way through his gum, slowly turning him into the beast he was.

Suppressed the urge to kill anything on sight, he hesitatingly entered the dark forest and searched for the source of the smell. He followed the trail deep into the middle of the forest and found a figure with its back to him a few metres away from him. From the red coloured hairs, he instantly knew who it was.

"Rosalyn?" he called out to the figure as he reached his hand out to touch her.

The said person lifted her head up and turned around to look over her shoulder. Her once beautiful emerald eyes were nothing but two pool of black abyss coloured eyes, staring directly at him as she snarled. A sharp gasp of surprise emitted from his lips at the familiar look and unconsciously took a step back in fear, "N-No," Stefan denied, unable to believe what happened before him.

She's a vampire...   

...