The red string of Fate

...

Chapter 8:

The red string of Fate

...

Previously...

Suddenly, the sound of glasses broken alerted the brothers as they looked up to the direction where the sound come from. They rushed towards Damon's room and opened the door to see something or someone burst through the window into the forest. The owner of the room cursed and quickly went to the window to see the dark figure disappeared into the darkness...

...

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

"Who was that?" Stefan asked, his eyes narrowed as he looked towards the forest where the figure had disappeared to. From the look of it, whoever it was, they must be a vampire. The tiredness he felt earlier instantly disappeared as he turned his head to the person stood beside him, waiting for his explanation, "Is there's something you want to tell?" he asked, looking pointedly at the older man.

Cursing softly under his breath, Damon pulled himself away from his broken window and went up to his nightstand for his car keys, "It's Rose," he answered, "Jules bit her three days ago."

"Wha-? What happened?"

The raven haired vampire rushed downstairs and headed towards his car, "That bitch decided it was a good idea to ambush me at our house. Rose tried to protect me and got herself bit. She was fine at first. The bite mark was even healed for a second but it was too late. The venom had already spread quickly than we anticipated. This morning, she began to have delusions about her past life. She thought Elena was Katherine and nearly kill her."

He entered his Camaro and opened his glove box to find his brother's car keys. After rummaged through tons of receipts he left inside his glove box, he grabbed the other set of car keys and threw it to its owner through his opened window, "I took your car back from tomb," he said, motioned towards the garage where the red 1963 Porsche was, "Now, let's go search for her before anything bad happen."

With that, the brothers pulled away from their house and headed to town in search for the missing vampire.

...