twitter ; dylan o'brien

dylanobrien: sometimes i lay awake at night and think of you.
|
|
y/n: omg i think about ✨you✨ all the time too

you'd been friends with dylan o'brien ever since you starred in a movie together when you were both starting out in the movie industry and ever since you'd remained close friends.

you loved to joke around with him, and whilst there hadn't been anything between you at the beginning you began to feel something shifted when lockdown started in los angeles due to the pandemic. he'd facetime you once a week at first to check in until eventually you were calling and texting all week long staying up late because you didn't want to say good night.

you knew dylan had a lot of female attention, and that it was rumoured he was seeing someone but you couldn't help but feel yourself start to fall for your long time best friend.

one night after he tweeted something extremely cringe worthy, you decided to reply jokingly although it was kind of true. it had fans freaking out all over twitter, but you brushed it off until dylan texted you an hour later.

dylpickle
so... do you?

y/n
do i what??

dylpickle
think about me?

your heart was beating extremely fast, you didn't expect dylan to take it seriously... but maybe you were glad he did.

y/n
regularly.

dylpickle
are you joking around or
are we having a moment?
because i'm at your door
right now.

you got up from your comfortable position on your couch and headed to the front door, you peered through the peep hole and sure enough dylan was on the other side of your door staring down at his phone.

opening the door, you watched as dylan's eyes travelled up to your face as if he was seeing you for the first time.

he ran his free hand through his hair nervously, "uh, hey y/n." his lips twitched into a nervous smile and you opened the door wider.

"hey, dyl." you gave him a warm smile as he wandered in, looking slightly shy.

"dylan, did you really come over here because of a tweet?" you asked as you followed him into your living room.

"i had to know... because i think about you regularly too, or more... like every single second of the day." he admitted.

you giggled nervously, "oh, you do? i wouldn't have guessed by your cheesy lovelorn tweets."

"i..." he sighed, not having an excuse, he shrugged, "tweeting my thoughts without telling the person i want to tell makes me feel slightly freer than if i didn't say anything at all." he admitted.

you sat down on the couch and dylan followed, "you can tell me anything, dylan. you know that."

"i know... i just didn't want to ruin our friendship," he sighed, "you mean the world to me, y/n, and if i lost that i don't know what i'd do."

you looked down at your now intertwined hands, "me too."

you sat in a comfortable silence for a few moments, he let his head rest against yours. you couldn't take it anymore and you reached up and pulled him towards you, pressing your lips against his.

he tasted like whiskey and chocolate, an odd combination but it made you smile into the kiss even more — somehow this one moment made you want to have this forever and ever.

when you finally pulled away dylan still had his hand gently caressing your cheek, "that was worth every single second that i've been waiting to kiss you."

"it really was." you said softly, still not quite believing what had happened.

"if i were to ask you on a real date... what would you say?" he asked, removing his hand from your cheek but still holding eye contact with you with those honey-brown eyes.

"oh i don't know, dylan..." you said slowly, then laughed when you saw his expression, "i'd say yes!"

he let out a relieved sigh, "great, because i actually booked a dinner reservation before i came over here."

"oh you did?" you smirked, "you had this allll planned out mr o'brien."

"of course." he chuckled, "i'm gonna head out and then i'll pick you up later?"

"can't wait." you smiled, as he stepped outside of the door of your apartment he turned around, then kissed you again.

"i'll never get bored of that." he grinned before waving as he left, leaving you feeling excited and nervous for your date with him that night.