siren ; stiles stilinski (part one)

Tales long ago tell of mermaid creatures who lured sailors to their deaths by using their enchanting music and voices. Now one has moved to the supernatural beacon, Beacon Hills.

When the sun sets in Beacon Hills, and the moon illuminates the blue velvet sky, a half-human, half-siren finds her next victim.

The only problem is the morning after these deaths she is unaware that it was her when she watches the local news showing a new death every week.

Can the McCall pack solve their latest supernatural problem before it's too late and one of them become the next victim?

Tangled in an array of white bed sheets, you woke up with the sun streaming through the windows in your room.

Covering your eyes to shield them from the sunlight, you roll over and check your phone.

No new calls or messages, just your daily reminder to finish unpacking the boxes in your apartment.

After living in Beacon Hills for only a few days, you hadn't had much time to unpack, but from today you'd have even less time as you were starting a new job at the Sheriffs station helping the towns Sheriff with analysing evidence and looking through cases.

It wasn't your dream job, eventually you wanted to go out on the field and take on cases, but for now it was a start.

Standing in front of your mirror, you admired your new work uniform the sheriffs department had sent through the post - a simple, white shirt with the Beacon Hills emblem on the back, along with black pants and a beige jacket with more emblems on.

Leaving your apartment building, you saw a boy possibly around your age with dark, blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.

His lips curved into a smirk and winked as he passed you, leaving you feeling slightly flushed.

The commute to work was a short walk, but it was still enough time for you to feel extremely nervous about the new job and whether you'd make any new friends in Beacon Hills.

The Sheriffs station loomed in front of you as you opened the entrance door, a young woman at the front desk smiled as you walked in.

"Hi! You must be y/n our new analyst!" The brunette smiled.

"Yep, that's me." You smiled back at her.

"Follow me." The girl said as she stood up from behind her desk and walked to the back of the station.

She knocked on a door with a sign saying 'Sheriff Stilinski', a man that looked to be in his forties stepped out with a worn smile on his face.

"Noah, this is y/n." The girl said, introducing you before leaving to go back to her desk.

The Sheriff smiled sympathetically, "I'm so glad you're here, we're drowning in work."

"Well, that's why I'm here." You replied with an upbeat tone, feeling more enthusiastic about the new job.

"So this is where you'll be working," Noah said as he showed you the room besides his office, it was dark inside with a table in the middle surrounding by tons of boxes.

"Oh." You gasped quietly.

"Yeah, I meant what I said," The Sheriff replied, "we have a lot of... unusual cases here."

"What happened to your last analyst?" You asked curiously.

Noah's face fell slightly, "um, an extremely unfortunate incident." Was all he could say, he couldn't exactly tell you he was mauled to death by a stray werewolf.

"Right..." you nodded, "I better get started then."

Noah gave you a pat on the back before leaving, "good luck." He said before walking into his office.

Two hours later and only halfway through one box full of papers and bags of evidence, the receptionist knocked on the door to your office and peered inside.

"Hi there! I hate to interrupt, but I have another case the Sheriff would like you to look at, it happened just last night and he'd like you to see if you can find anything about the suspect." She said, placing a thin file on your desk.

"Great. Thank you." You forced a smile as the girl left.

Abandoning the current papers you were working on, you reached for the new file. Inside revealed only two pieces of paper and a gruesome picture of a man with blood seeping from his ears.

As you stared at the man you couldn't help but feel a strange sense of déjà vu. Scanning through the pages you saw that all of the information they had was that he was intoxicated and a high pitched sound seemed to have burst his ear drums and made his brain bleed.

Grabbing a highlighter and pen, you quickly got to work making notes on the pages and highlighting important information.

The minutes on the clock ticked well past the end of your shift yet you couldn't stop working on the new case, trying to figure out what had happened.

Noah noticed the light still on in your office, opening the door slightly he cleared his throat, startling you making you look up at him.

"I'm heading home now, you should go too- it'll all be here for you tomorrow." He said.

You checked the time on your phone, "I didn't realise that it was so late! See you tomorrow, Sheriff, I'll get going now."

Finally, you shrugged on your coat and grabbed your bag, making your way out of the station.

Glancing down at your phone to check for any messages, you bumped into someone.

"Sorry!" the boy apologised, turning around to do a double take at the new girl at his dad's workplace that he frequented.

You turned to face him, your eyes widening as you saw him. With messy brown hair, honey, brown eyes and moles scattered across his face like constellations, you couldn't take your eyes off of him.

"Oh, Sorry- I thought you were someone else..." He replied, expecting one of the other women who worked in the offices of the department.

"No, it's my fault I wasn't looking where I was going! It's y/n by the way." Your lips curved into a slight smile.

"Y/n... it's nice to meet you. I'm Stiles." The boy said, grinning.

"I'm sorry, I really should go." You replied, turning around and walking away.

"Oh, okay, see you!" Stiles yelled after you, watching you from behind. Something about you captivated him.

"I see you've met our new analyst." Noah noticed as he joined his son.

"Yeah." Stiles said in awe.

Back at your apartment, you headed straight to bed, unaware of what happened when you closed your eyes.

i originally was going to make this a solo fic... but i don't have the inspiration to make a whole book so i'll post a few parts here for you guys to read :) let me know if you want more!!