★eight - the beginning of the end★

"so how do you know barry?" kelce questioned bright and early the next morning, as he and eisele laid together curled up on the bed in the studio, watching the sun rise over the water. 

"i don't. not really. remember that night at the party when i went home early?" she replied. he nodded. 

"yeah?"

"well i was starting to walk home and barry pulled up and was talking to me, and refused to let me walk home alone, so i let him. and then after rafe and i fought the other night at midsummers i was crying in the car park and he was there and he drove me home. that's all." she explained. kelce nodded, signifying that he understood. 

"rafe seems to think you're into him." he informed her. she rolled her eyes. 

"rafe thinks i'm into every guy i breathe near." she replied. "he's probably thought i'm into you at some point." 

"he's just jealous." kelce shrugged. 

"he's possessive." she corrected. "but what can you do?" 

"why didn't you text me at midsummers? i would have taken you home." he frowned. eisele bit her lip. 

"figured you'd side with rafe." she admitted. 

"mamas, if it came down to it i'd always side with you. i hope i don't have to, but if i was forced to choose then rafe and top would be finding a new golf buddy cause i would be off being the best friend you could ever ask for." he promised. eisele smiled lightly. 

"you already are." she replied. they fell into a comfortable silence for a few minutes. 

"do you know rafe's living at the glissons now?" kelce spoke eventually, breaking the silence. 

"what?" eisele frowned. "why?" 

"you know that ward kicked him out?" kelce asked, and she nodded, having spent the night before waiting for rafe at tannyhill, only for him to text her and explain that he had been kicked out and that he'd see her tomorrow instead, which was when eisele had decided to spend the night at the studio with kelce instead. 

"yeah." she said. 

"well he's staying there." kelce finished. eisele frowned. 

"why not stay at the studio?" she said. "or he could stay at my house, my father would be pissed but i wouldn't care about that." 

"at the time it was cause you were there but not sure why he's not here or at yours now that you're good." kelce shrugged. 

"weird." eisele mused. 

"yeah." kelce agreed, and the silence fell over them once again. 

"hey kelce?" eisele was the one to break the silence this time. 

"hmm?" he made a noise in response. she glanced at the time. 6:16am.

"you wanna do something spontaneous?" she asked. kelce shot her a curious look. 

"i'm listening."

and that's how eisele and kelce ended up spending the rest of the morning and lunch time over on the mainland, eating at their favourite cafe and spending time together like they didn't have a care or stress in the world. 

❀❀❀❀❀

when eisele and kelce returned to the mainland it was early afternoon, so eisele decided to head over to the glissons to see if she could find her boyfriend.