Chapter 38 -Natsu

A/N Bonus chapter because I love my readers! LoL. 😇

Luce fell asleep against my shoulder and when Mira arrived with her smoothie I asked if she minded putting it in the fridge so Luce could nap a little.

"What is going on? I thought you went home to rest last night!" Mira was fuming and only barely keeping herself from raising her voice when she glanced back down at Luce.

"I guess that was only last night for you. It's been a couple days for us," I yawned, leaning back but I couldn't not notice the way she looked at me like I had gone crazy.

"We were summoned last night to meet with one of Luce's spirits, but they took us to a different Realm. We've been running and training like crazy and we've been given more missions too. We are just tired," I yawned again leaning against Luce who only snuggled closer and I could feel my eyelids drooping. Maybe we should have just stayed another day to rest?

"Natsu Dragneel! Don't you dare tell me that you two have been risking your lives without even letting us know," she looked so angry but I couldn't help chuckling.

"No, Mira. The mission will be coming to us not the other way around," I finally let my eyes close and before I really knew what was happening.

***

I woke up to Gray calling me Flame Brain and a very angry Erza walking over, Happy was curled around my neck snoozing and Luce was still sleeping peacefully.

"Shut up or you will wake them," I hissed at him making him do a double take, he was not expecting me to say that in the least. Hell even Erza froze in her tracks but Wendy came bouncing over giving me a very small bow when she saw the mating marks on our necks. Luce and I were letting them be seen by everyone but only Wendy and Gajeel would even know what they were, I mean maybe Levy... Maybe.

Gray and Erza quietly made an order with Mira after asking what was going on with us but I just rolled my eyes. Just how do they still think I can't hear them? I mean we grew up together, they should know exactly how good my hearing is but nope, they are as clueless as ever.

They returned eyeing me suspiciously but they stayed quiet while Wendy chatted happily with me congratulating me about my mark and I grinned at her.

"It felt like I was going to die at any moment but it was so worth it!" I quietly cheered and she giggled, leaving both Erza and Gray in the dark on the subject. Which did nothing to stop them from freaking out over my words, they stayed quiet but I could hear them suck in their breath freezing at my words.

"Where's Carla? Happy has been very excited to see her," I motioned at the gifts on the table that he must have brought with him.

"She wanted to go home and freshen up a little before coming to the guild," she smiled teasingly and we both laughed at their cuteness.

"They really have grown up so much, I don't think it will be long before Happy will ask her to be his mate. I can already imagine all the kittens flying around," and Wendy eeked before we made eye contact and started laughing quietly.

"Hmm, Natsu?" Luce yawned, stretching, waking up Happy in the process.

"Sorry Lucy, we didn't mean to wake you up!" Wendy quickly apologized and Luce waved her off giggling.

"I shouldn't have slept so long anyway, oh hi Erza, Gray. How are you?" She straightened in her seat after seeing our friends and she ran her fingers through her hair before giving up and just calling for Cancer.

"Help?" She asked motioning towards her hair and Cancer chuckled before fixing her hair for her.

"Oi Salamander!" I turn to see Gajeel walking in with Levy and Panther Lily and he froze before a grin spread across his face. "So she really said yes? Congratulations, when-?" He froze and I saw his eyes land on Luce and his whole body went rigid, making me laugh at the sight.