Chapter 52 - Natsu

I can't lie, the way our team walked up and found us cuddled up and kissing gave my ego a boost. Did I need that? No, did I get it anyway? Fuck yes, I did. That is probably the only reason I didn't fling any fire at them. Wendy and the Exceeds were good, they quickly turned away, although Happy looked like he was gloating. Erza and Gray however, well they just kind of stared. I have no idea if they heard Luce talking about us having babies or not, Wendy probably did but she won't tell anyone.

The hotel we went to was not the same one that our team booked when we arrived, for good reason. I don't want them barging in on us again. The feel of Luce in my arms was so soft and warm as I held her, showing her exactly how much I love her, the sounds we made as we gently made love to each other, nothing short of heaven. Sleep was not needed, not tonight. We went from the bed; soft moans and gasps begging for more as we teased and pleased each other not ending until we decided to go clean up and then only after our voices echoed back to us as our low moans got louder and louder, the shower seeming to make them louder driving us further.

I heard a knock at the door and I know that Luce heard it too but like hell I'm giving up on the feast in front of me. It was hours later when we finally cleaned off in the shower and picked our clothes for the day, the bedroom window showing the sun high in the sky.

I took Luce's hand and we left our room only to find several staff members standing there awkwardly. Not to mention several other guests who were so red I had to wonder if they were breathing.

"What's wrong?" I asked like I was clueless, to be fair I paid for three nights in advance as well as extra sound proofing so they only have themselves to blame.

"S-s-s-s-sir? We have received s-se-several noise complaints-" He started but I frowned and interrupted him.

"Noise complaints? I remember paying the extra charges for sound proofing. How bad are the services here if there are complaints?" I asked which got many wide eyed, shocked faces from the other guest. I wonder how many of them paid for that same service only to find it lacking?

Luce, bright red now from seeing how many people probably heard her screams of ecstasy that only ended a little while ago, cleared her throat. "I thought the sound proofing was advertised as being able to silence a Dragon's roar?" Dear Mavis, even as embarrassed as she is she is just so amazing.

"Well yes but of course-" one of the staff, someone that looked like they might be a manager or something tried to answer but Luce wasn't willing to be interrupted. Nope, not one bit.

"We are Dragon Slayers, are you really going to say that that was just a comical exaggeration? Because I don't see how taking people's hard earned money and then supplying subpar services is ethical? Especially when it would affect so many of your guests," Luce glared at the man as she tore him piece by piece, destroying the Inn's reputation using nothing else but their false advertising.

"Miss-"

I growled and narrowed my eyes at him, small puffs of fire escaping from my lips as I did. Luce held her head up high and corrected him, "Ma'am, we are mates. I am not a single lady looking for a husband any more." The way her voice seethed at the implications this random person was making.

I slid an arm around her waist holding her close to me, "Our team is probably waiting on us." I whispered loud enough for everyone to hear despite the low volume.

She nodded as if agreeing before turning around to face him, "We are already late, thanks to you, we will return in a few days to file a formal complaint with the owner present." She lifted a hand and simply motioned for everyone to move and they did. Damn it, I really just want to drag her back to bed now, but I followed her with a grin on my face as I admired my mate.

Strong, full of fire, beautiful all while commanding the respect she deserves. Is it possible for me to fall in love with her all over again?

Luce was still angry when we met our team at the edge of town and made our way up, following Cancer's instructions. Maybe before we mated this would be difficult but honestly it was more like a walk through a flower garden for us now.

Gray stopped me, pulling me back so that Luce was a little ahead of me and when I turned, glaring back, at him I found both him and Erza looking at me pissed.

"What now?" I groaned, getting more frustrated the further Luce got ahead. I'm not actually worried after all Happy, Carla and Wendy were with her and let's be honest Luce would destroy the whole mountain if something hurt any of them. That didn't stop me from wanting to be with her though.

"Why is Lucy so angry? What did you do, Flame Brain?" Gray glared at me and it surprised me so much I just looked at him for more than a minute.

Erza sighed before adding, "What is wrong, she was so red when you guys arrived I thought she was going to Lucy kick you if you said one wrong thing, but you look... Well you look happier than I can ever remember seeing you." She finally coughed clearing her throat as her face started blushing as what she said seemed to settle in her head.

I chuckled, relaxing as their concern for my mate washed over me. "She is mad at the Inn we were staying at. We stayed somewhere that claimed to have enough sound proofing to silence a dragon only to leave after the staff brought a bunch of noise complaints." I laughed as I saw both of their reddening faces as they listened. "Luce and I decided to test that theory but it looks like they lied." I looked ahead to see Luce pouting at me looking down and irritated that was revealing so much.

I just smiled back at her knowing she could hear us easily, "Don't pout at me, we both know they are going to change our rooms when we come back." I laughed as she hmphed at me before turning back and leaving us here. I raised my voice a little knowing she wasn't out of earshot yet, "How else am I supposed to put a fire in your belly?" I could see her ears turn bright red as I smirked, turning back to Gray and Erza.

"Now that I've made her so mad you two should work on trying to catch up to Wendy," I turned back to where I last saw Luce and I could hear Gray confused asking why I didn't have to catch up only for his voice to disappear as the wind whipped through my ears. I had used Dragon Wings to fly up high to quickly catch up with my mate and it didn't escape my notice that Wendy and the Exceeds were much farther ahead of Luce, while it looked like Luce decided to take a detour and I saw her duck into a small cave.

I followed as fast as I could only to find her frowning at me, "Oi, Virgo can you build us a quick wall?" I asked, stepping closer to Luce as she leaned against the cave wall. I heard her door opening and within a blink of an eye the entrance I had just walked in through was mostly blocked leaving only a couple breathing holes.

"Natsu," Luce was still frowning at me but I couldn't help smiling at her in the mostly dark cave we were now in.

"Let me light a fire in your belly?" I asked as my fingers reached out gliding along her side and I was able to see that she was trembling. Whether that was from excitement or anger though, well I'm about to find out.

"Why did you tell them all of that?" She demanded while I leaned in to kiss her exposed neck, she didn't try to dodge or push me away so I took that as permission.

"Because they need to learn that you are mine, I don't like how they keep looking at us. Judging me," I answered, so honest that I kind of surprised myself. I guess that they have been annoying the hell out of me, watching me like somehow I don't deserve the happiness that I've found.

I felt as Luce relaxed and then wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me closer. "Then light that fire and make sure it doesn't go out this time," I could hear the smile in her voice and all self control was gone as I stripped us of our clothes.