Chapter 53 - Lucy

A/N Again sorry for the delay. I just couldn't do anything yesterday. 😷

We left our little cave just before sunset when Natsu and I used Dragon Wings and raced through the air, dancing through the air as we giggled and generally flirted. It was like a dream, the most beautiful kind. We almost didn't even see the rest of our team setting up camp below us, in fact we wouldn't have if not for Happy calling us when he first could see us, because at that particular moment Natsu was trying to tickle me so that he could catch me...

He succeeded.

"NATSU DRAGNEEL!" I squealed before I gave in and released my magic and he caught me high in the air. "Naughty," I pouted, making him laugh before he brought us down landing safely with my arms still around his neck.

"Hmm, you like it." He smirked, not bothering to put me down and I didn't ask him too. He found a place to sit down and looked at the now frozen Erza and Gray who were just standing by the fire. It looks like they were in the middle of pulling out their sleeping bags, opting out of setting up a tent.

"Mommy!" Happy barrelled at us knocking us all over in the process, I couldn't help laughing with them. I am perfectly aware that Happy acting like a baby like this is just him acting cute but I don't actually want him to stop either. Sometimes it seems to really help with my desires to have a baby and sometimes it seems to make it worse. I wonder if he knows that? Because everytime it starts to make things worse he backs off and starts calling me Lushie again. Then again, he could just be manipulating me for no other reason than his desire to have a mother. Again Lisanna was kind of insensitive when she said he was more like a baby brother to her.

I try to shake the thoughts from my head while the three of us separate to get up again, Happy quickly finding his way to my shoulders and inside of my hood.

"So that's what you want?" I act like I'm shocked and start pouting only for him to whimper and pretend to cry again making it too hard not to crack a smile. I reach up and pat his head, making him stop and giggle playfully again. I could see Natsu grinning at us but I can't bring myself to do anything but smile at him.

He flashed an evil smirk at me, making my eyes go wide before he attacked; picking me up at the waist and twirling us around. Happy's squeals of laughter drowned out my giggles, not that Natsu couldn't hear us both perfectly.

"Natsu!" I begged, still giggling when I heard him groan "fine," and he put me down, probably on the same seat that we had been knocked down from.

"Eat yet?" Natsu was still smiling, showing all his teeth when he turned to Erza, Gray, Wendy and Carla.

"Not yet, we were just trying to decide what we wanted." Wendy jumped up, smiling before skipping over to us.

"Great! Cuz right now all I want is fresh fruit, I put a hand on my stomach. For some reason I really want blueberries, it's not even my favorite strawberries. I want blueberries, oh and watermelon!

I turned to the team members who still haven't joined us. "What about you guys? I packed a bunch of things I might have what you want already?" I offered, still smiling at them.

It didn't take long but Erza did finally snap out of it and answered with some kind of pasta salad, while Gray stayed silent. Carla finally joined Wendy and asked if tea could be included as well as a salad. It wasn't until Wendy added her request that Gray finally snapped out of it.

"Where exactly did you pack anything? Flame Brain didn't even bring his camping bag," Gray just looked tense and touchy at this point.

I simply held up Virgo's and Capricorn's keys and requested that they bring the items we wanted including something for Gray. In a flash they had a table set up with food including a separate much smaller table with just fresh fruit for me.

"What would I do without you guys?" I smiled at them, I meant every word that I said too, that is until Virgo asked for her punishment and Capricorn just chuckled before bowing and closing his gate. I let out a sigh and held out my hand letting her pick, only for her to put a whip in my hand with stars in her eyes.

"Why am I not surprised?" I grumbled before flicking the whip once in the air and she quickly got on her knees and waited, still beaming. I wonder who the bigger pervert is? Virgo or Taurus? I let the whip hit her back three times before winding it up again and Virgo left with that same perverted smile as Taurus, sending chills through me.

I felt a shiver run through me, "Just why?" I asked no one in particular before helping myself to the blueberries on the table. Of course I made myself a small sandwich too but really I just wanted fruit, well with the exception of strawberries that went untouched. Erza happily helped herself and Wendy was very happy when I handed her and Carla each a bowl of fruit salad.

"I thought you didn't like using your spirits like that? Like servants," Gray grumbled only glaring at the food in front of him.

"Gray, you realize that for most of the past year I haven't even been in Fiore let alone Magnolia?" I asked not even remotely fazed by his pissy attitude. I know that he is still irritable about learning about Demon Slayer instincts. Speaking of which, I summoned a spirit that I put in charge of my library and he gave me two large books that I handed to Gray.

"Here, these should help a little bit." I set a pair of glasses on top and he looked at them for a minute before taking them and sitting on his sleeping bag. I know he doesn't actually mean to be so cruel, but that doesn't give him an excuse to talk to any of us that way.

It didn't take long, I saw him flipping through the books multiple times before he took off the glasses, anger and frustration easily at the forefront of his emotions. I caught Natsu who pouted at me before I motioned towards Gray and he groaned before putting down his already empty plate and cast Dragon Wings before he even reached Gray. Not that Gray noticed, he was too absorbed in his little crisis to notice. Natsu picked him up and flew off with a cursing Gray in his arms.

"Uh, where are they going?" Erza asked, looking at me confused.

"Guy talk, don't worry they will be back before long." I shrugged as if I didn't just force Natsu to go in the first place.