Chapter 9 - Lucy

A/N Graphic content due to blood/gore you have been warned. If you have an imagination it will honestly be a bit rough with the description of a creature. I was going for horror and succeeded a little too well...

"Damn it Loki just how did you get us into this mess!" I whisper yelled at him, I would have screamed at him but that would have just let the very weird, creepy, bone white, dead skinned, red eyed and very small VERY sharp teeth looking monster know where we are. And none of us wanted THAT.

How in the hell did I end up on a job destroying cherubs? Hell before today I thought they were the rosy cheeked babies with arrows during valentines day. I stand corrected, as I look around the corner of the tunnel we are hiding in. The little monsters had bat-like wings that were just as white as the rest of their skin and their eyes don't even have pupils, they were just a bright almost glowing red, so there is literally no way of knowing where they were looking. 

I feel a cold chill run down my being, I seriously saw one of these things eat a cat not even ten minutes ago, raw. It still had it's ruby red blood dripping down his chin as he was walking around and he was the only one smiling. No it doesn't make them look any nicer either. It just shows off their teeth and considering he just ate his normally BLACK teeth were shining. How do I know it's a he? None of them are wearing clothes. They are all walking or flying around completely naked with everything hanging out. 

This job was an extermination job. The flier said ten or fifteen of them. Is that what I found? Nope; I found a nest with easily thirty or more in it that I then found out led here to even more.

I take a deep breath trying to calm my nerves, even closing my eyes for a second to refocus myself. Yes they are scary but it is a job and thanks to Loki, it is my job. I take another deep breath and use my Aquarius star dress, and with Loki and Libra by my side I know I can take them. 

I nod at them and we jump out to attack. At first they seemed to freeze but thankfully Libra used her gravity magic to trap them all on the ground while Loki and I used a unison raid, his light magic and my water attack. 

Please work, please work, please work!  I chanted in my head. After researching a bit I found out that these... Things. can't stand water, so much so that there are some that believe that they melt or die after touching it. I know, completely ridiculous but we couldn't find anything else, at all. No legends or fables, not even a gruesome folklore about them. We were only able to find the one book about extinct magical creatures. Note the fact that they are not extinct like the book claims them to be. 

I hear their blood curdling screams before the water finally covers their heads. I don't think I have ever wanted to see anything die so much in my entire life. Not even Zeref. Did I mention the cat? Or how about the fact that the cat was ALIVE when it started eating it? 

The poor things screams of pain and fear will forever be echoing in my skull, the poor thing's blood was gushing out as it's little heart still pumped. Why couldn't I save it? That cat didn't do anything wrong, why couldn't I save him? Or her, I can't exactly pretend to know it's gender. The reason why was simple; I didn't know how many there were and the sight was terrifying. The moment the cherub's teeth had pierced its skin there was suddenly another ten of the baby-like monsters surrounding it trying to steal the cat from the first. They all failed. 

What was more horrifying was after the fact that the SMALLEST female cherub then came over to the one still covered in blood. It took everything I had to not wretch at the sight. It came out of nowhere. Why? Why did they have to do THAT right then? Why did I have to see it? Is there a way for me to unsee it? Is there a way to bleach the image of two very baby like monsters fucking right there? I could still feel the bile trying to make its way up but I fought it. I can get sick AFTER I kill them all.