Chapter 50 - Natsu

A/N Geeze this has to be the longest fanfic I've ever written! Unless my MHA fanfic trilogy counts then that would be wrong. I hope you all enjoy! 💃

We were at the train platform when we found out it would only be a two hour trip to Clovertown.

"Might as well all share the same cabin," Luce pouted before handing the card to the conductor. I could see the confused faces of our friends, honestly Wendy has been taking all of this the best. Other than her walking in this morning and running back out again that is. I grin and lead the way to our cabin and after making sure Luce was comfortable told her I was going to get something to snack on.

"Strawberry smoothie? Or shake," Luce lightly bit her lower lip and it felt like all the blood in my body went south.

"Keep it up and I'll kick them all out," I smirked before giving her a kiss and leaving again. Happy was chattering away with Carla and Wendy while Erza was blushing crimson sitting across from Luce. I walked out ignoring the fact that Gray was following me.

"Yo!" I waved at the new staff behind the counter and got a friendly wave in return. I quickly accepted the menu and when I picked out what I wanted I added an ice cream float for Gray and pushed it over to him when he sat down next to me.

We sat in silence for a long time while I quickly ate and ordered Luces shake after making sure they didn't have the smoothie.

"So you and Lucy?" Gray muttered loud enough that I couldn't pretend not to hear. "So, uh..."

"Have you been with Erza too much? She already used that line on Luce." I chuckled while eating some fries.

"No!" He shouted before coughing and sat back down again clearing his throat. "I'm just surprised, that's all."

"Stripper, if you come after my mate I will burn you so there isn't even any ash left." I kept chuckling with my threat because I already know he didn't have any intention of trying. "But." I took a drink of some spicy cocoa that was quickly becoming a new favorite of mine. "You are a Demon Slayer, your instincts are different but just as strong as mine."

"What do you mean?" Gray did a double take and froze mid bite of his ice cream, waiting for the answer. To be fair, he wasn't raised as a Demon Slayer, he did get the magic from his father but that was only a few years ago. He was either 17 or 18 already while I have had my Dragon Slayer magic since I was very small.

"Luce has collected so many books on the old magics. Slayers in particular; Dragon Slayer, Demon Slayer and God Slayer. I think she might have even found one of the old gods but she has studied them all. Her training took her far away after all." I chuckled while thinking about all the things she has told me about her journey. The crazy missions that didn't make any sense at all, the people she met and the creatures she has had to fight.

"Spit it out flame brain!" Gray sat with his arms crossed as he waited. I could hear his heart thumping in his chest as he panicked about what I could know that he might not.

"Chill, it's nothing to get fired up about. Like me once you mate you are life mates but," I took another drink before putting my empty cup down and turned to face him. I looked straight into his eyes as I finished what I was saying. The look of absolute disbelief had him stunned but he didn't utter a word. I called Luce and asked if she could send Loki with the book and it wasn't long before Gray's old friend arrived with the book and he opened the book to the passage so that Gray could read it himself.

"I'll bring the book back to Luce when he is done," I grinned at him and saw him shake his head in disbelief.

"You could have told him in a better way, in a better place," Loki rubbed the bridge of his nose under his glasses as he talked.