4

Louis POV

I woke up to the slam of the front door like every morning. It's the same every morning.
Get up, cover the bruises, wake Lottie up. Just like yesterday.

I didn't have a lot money left so I took a little from the stock of my parents. I knew it's risky and they'll get angry but someone needs to take care of Lottie and buy groceries. She's only 12 and can't starve all the time. She has to at least get lunch.

We walk out to Niall and I try to walk as straight as I could but my stomach hurt and of course Niall noticed. He gave me a concerned look but handed over a pain pill as he was always prepared for cases like this.

I took the pill and we drove to Lottie's school.
This time we had enough time so I told Niall I would walk her inside.
It definitely wasn't because I wanted to see her teacher again.

We walked to her door and hugged. I gave her the money and a kiss on the forehead before she walked in.

I saw Mr. Styles walk over and smiled to myself. He looked gorgeous.

He saw me and began smiling, his dimples on display. He came up to me and asked ,,Are you her boyfriend?"

It took me a minute to understand who he meant, but when I did I started laughing. He looked at me confused so I explained ,,No, that's my sister. I'm 7 years older that would be a little weird at this age, wouldn't it? Also I will never be able to have a girlfriend."

He started laughing too but then noticed my last sentence. ,,That makes sense, but I think you would be a really cute boyfriend. Why not?"

,,I'm gay, but thank you"

He looked somewhat happy and then answered ,,oh that's cool, me too"

I don't know why I was relieved to hear that but I was.

We smiled at each other for what felt like hours but only were seconds before we bid our goodbyes and I walked back outside, still smiling.

,,Why are you smiling like that?"

I looked up to Niall and just smiled wider.

I got in and he drove off while I told him about Lottie's cute teacher.

He was happy that I was happy and said nothing more.