eight | pirates of the indian ocean

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
CHAPTER EIGHT
pirates of the indian ocean
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓CHAPTER EIGHTpirates of the indian ocean ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

❛ ━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━ ❜

THE BED THAT Diana laid in was warm and soft, and so hard to get out of. Sunlight pooled into the floor of her room, gently waking her up, contrasting to the alarm that blared from her bedside table. She groaned at the idea of getting up as she shut off the alarm, finally hearing her phone. She sat up, furrowing her brows as she grabbed her phone and barely glanced at the caller ID before she answered it.

"Hello?" Diana's morning voice croaked as squinted against the light. A cold draft went down her back as it left the warmth of her mattress, leaving goosebumps down her neck and arms.

"Did I seriously wake you up?" Natasha's voice was directly in her ear, too loud for Diana as the sleep fogged her brain.

"I thought it was my day off," Diana looked over at the alarm, frowning at the time "it's six am, the sun is still rising."

"Well you got a mission, I'm waiting for you in a car outside so get up and get ready."

"Yes, dear," Diana yawned and hung up. She fell back into her pillow and groaned, ripping the cover off and placing her feet on the cold floor, pushing the shock away before she walked into her bathroom to wash her face and melt the tired thoughts from her mind.

She hoped Steve made a pot of coffee before he left for his jog but she knows that he often forgets.

Diana quickly got dressed, wearing something simple since she would be changing into her uniform soon anyway. By the time she made it to the kitchen, she was awake enough that she didn't care that the coffee pot was empty. Diana quickly left the apartment, locking it behind her and giving a wave to her neighbor, Kate the nurse as she passed.

Diana rushed out to see a sleek black four-door sedan with Natasha in the driver's seat. She rolled down the window as Diana walked up.

"Hey sexy, come here often?" Natasha asked, making Diana snort as she got in. The car sped off before Diana could even begin to buckle up.

"Damn, Nat!" Diana yelped as she glanced at the driver, yanking the belt over the body and quickly locking it in, "you should've told me the mission was that serious I would've gotten ready faster."

"Where's Steve?" Natasha asked as she pulled out her phone, typing away in the shield secured program on her phone, Diana, Nat, and Steve only contacted each other on it when it came to missions like the one Natasha was being ominous about.