twelve | the winter soldier

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
CHAPTER TWELVE
the winter soldier
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

warning: lots of violence mentions of pain, blood, and torture, enjoy!

❛ ━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━ ❜

WATCHING STEVE THROW Jasper Sitwell across a rooftop brought a special kind of joy to Diana as she watched on with Natasha at her side. To see a man like Sitwell squirm, Diana had the biggest smile on her face.

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm," Steve demanded, getting the ball rolling for the interrogation.

"Never heard of it." He lied.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve asked, his pace was fast and Diana's body was screaming at her to stop trying to keep up.

Her body had undergone so much trauma already and she wasn't close to being done and it sucked. If she had her way she would be curled up on a couch with a book and Steve's record player softly playing music as she read. But that wasn't going to happen anytime soon especially when they had so much work to do already.

"I was throwing up, I get seasick." Sitwell rushed his words, stumbling back away from Steve whose murderous stare would be enough to make a normal person shit their pants, Sitwell just smiled when he reached the edge, "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers."

At this point, Diana and Nat were side-by-side. The former tilted her head as she narrowed her eyes, he was on the edge of a building and he decided to piss the people in front of him off? Diana could rectify that.

"You're right." Steve smoked out the lapel of Jaspers suit jacket, and with a pat, "It's not. It's theirs."

Steve stepped aside and immediately, Diana and Natasha kicked Sitwell in the chest, sending him off the roof. He plummeted down, his scream echoing up the glass of the windows and the concrete holding it all up.

"Oh, wait. What about that girl from accounting, Laura?" Natasha pondered, referring to the conversation they were having about Steve dating again.

"No, it's Lillian, with the lip piercing right?" Diana corrected.

"Yeah, she's cute." Natasha smiled.

Diana nodded in agreement to that.

"Yeah, I'm not ready for that." Steve's words made Diana scoff, Lillian was cute, and that lip piercing only made it better.