five | superhero pose

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
CHAPTER FIVE
superhero pose
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓CHAPTER FIVEsuperhero pose┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

❛ ━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━ ❜

THE CHAOS OVERHEAD Diana was enough to kickstart her adrenaline into overdrive. There were people screaming and running for their lives. She could hear the distant sounds of buildings crumbling and alien blasters causing the damage. If this team stood around any longer, New York didn't stand a chance to even... Stand.

"We gotta get back up there." Steve thought out loud and the group made their way onto the overpass that was perfectly underneath the Stark Tower, giving them the perfect view of the Stark Tower, the new home of the wormhole that Diana could still only see as a butthole.

Through the hole and past all the aliens, Diana could see the vast open space. The team froze as they saw a giant armored flying turtle fish alien, the length of it ran to be the height of a medium sized building here on the street, and its width was the same as the Stark Tower below it. Warriors jump onto the side of buildings and into the buildings where Diana could hear them shoot civilians.

"Are you shitting my dick right now?" Diana blurted at the sight of it. Her mind just couldn't wrap around the concept of the species she was looking at right now.

Steve gave her a look for the language she used, tapping a finger to his ear, "Stark, are you seeing this?"

"Seeing, well put on Diana's end cause I'm still working on believing..." Tony replied, "Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

Diana furrowed her brows at the mention of the lost scientist. She had a feeling that the Hulk made Bruce survive the fall he took, but she wasn't sure of the meek and humble scientist would want a part of this fight, though Diana could admit that they need the Other Guy for this one, especially since he'd be the only one strong enough to take down those giant, flying things if it came down to it.

"Banner?" Steve asked, he seemed as confused as Diana was.

"Just keep me posted." Tony responded, he had a lot of faith in the scientist, making Diana a bit happy about that.

His thoughts were interrupted by the screams of civilians streets over, she pulled out her gun and shot at a few aliens chasing a family down the street, giving them time to get away to safety. One of the flying crafts flew through a Dr. Pepper truck, the cans that didn't immediately explode on impact fell to the pavement, blowing up later. Diana frowned as she watched the brown fizzy liquid spill to waste on the gum-ridden sidewalk and painted asphalt. She watched as the police and civilians ran for their lives.