four | butthole in the sky

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
CHAPTER FOUR
butthole in the sky
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓CHAPTER FOURbutthole in the sky ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

❛ ━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━ ❜

THERE WAS A somber silence all around Diana as she sat at the table in the bridge, the golden sunlight reflecting on the clouds left an orange hue that felt absolutely inappropriate considering what just happened, it was Phil Coulson that had came by with her shield badge, it was Phil Coulson that cared enough to check in on her every once in a while to make sure that she was actually doing okay. And it was Phil Coulson that lost his life to Loki.

Diana couldn't stand to be in such a sunny room anymore, she stood up, glancing at Tony and Steve and stormed off, she had no direction, no purpose on her step despite the way she took them, she found herself in the detention area, Phil's last assignment. In the center of the room was a giant hole where Loki's cage used to be, Diana watched the footage. Thor was tricked into jumping into it, and he was forced to watch Phil die. Diana turned her head, her eyes began to develop tears as she saw the blood stained wall for herself.

She eventually found a seat on the floor, leaning on the supporting bottom railing as her feet dangled off the ledge. Diana stared down into the empty her. Her thoughts raving as regret washed over her body. What was she doing here? Why would Fury recruit her like this?

Her thoughts were interrupted by Tony who seemed to have the same thought in mind as he joined her, not sitting on the floor but still being in her silent presence. Diana looked out at the hole, her thoughts diving down to the bottom.

"I don't even know why I'm here," Diana spoke to herself, Tony's brows furrowed at the statement, making her realize she needed to clarify, "I mean on this team, it obviously was ploy to get me in SHIELDs hands, Phase Two showed their true colors, I wonder if Phil knew what their plans for me were, it obviously wasn't for me to actually be on the team or whatever."

There was a silence that fell upon them after that, a set of footsteps pulled Diana's attention to the entrance where Steve leaned against the frame of it. The silence continued for another moment.

"Was he married?" Steve asked, Diana remembered them having a conversation about relationships, there was a musician that he was beginning to see, but they had that conversation long ago.

"No." Tony answered, "There was a uh- cellist, I think."

Diana nodded, remembering the rest of the conversation, the cellist in Oregon. She pulled her jacket over her a little tighter as she remembered that day. She wasn't in her uniform anymore which was surprisingly warm whereas the concrete and metal she sat on seemed to be sucking the heat out of her lower half through her jeans.

"I'm sorry." Steve empathized, "He seemed like a good man."

"He was an idiot." Tony spat. Diana backtracked his words, furrowing her eyebrows as she craned her head over her shoulder and looked back at the man.