eleven | everyone hates new jersey

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
CHAPTER ELEVEN
everyone hates New Jersey
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓CHAPTER ELEVENeveryone hates New Jersey┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

❛ ━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━ ❜

DIANA'S NERVES HAD a hard time being settled as her pace kept her heartbeat in a rush and her eyes wandering, scoping out everyone around her and Natasha. They were on their way to the Apple Store so Diana could get access to a laptop and run the decryption. She and Nat, who was there for Diana's protection already looked slightly suspicious with their hoodies up the way they were.

"First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk," Natasha spoke quietly and calmly, looping her arm through Diana's as they continued their pace.

"If I ran, you'd see blood running down my leg," Diana muttered, she was already pushing it when she decided to slide down the hallway in the Triskelion.

They passed the fountain where in the not-so-distant distance, the Mac store revealed itself.

"We're approaching the location," Diana spoke into the comm. If Steve had joined the two, it would've been obvious, but now, he was lurking in the large parking lot of the mall, keeping an eye out for STRIKE and their oppressive bosses.

"Make it quick guys, I look creepy out here," Steve's response in Diana's ear made her crack a smile as the two women walked into the store and found a secluded MacBook.

"The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up, SHIELD will know exactly where we are," Natasha warned Diana as she got the drive ready.

"Ugh, that means we only have nine minutes," Diana groaned as she took a deep breath, plugged the drive in, and got to work.

Diana's fingers flew across the keyboard, faster than her own eyes as she tried getting into the drive. The problem in the drive immediately arose. Diana couldn't get in. She let out a huff as she tried other methods but still no dice.

"What's going on?" Nat asked, making Diana shake her head.

"Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something." Diana admitted, "This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands."

"Then do an override," Natasha responded as she continued to keep an eye out, "clocks ticking."

"Not helping Romanoff," Diana tried another override and slammed her fist on the table, "fuck it, I'm putting a tracer on, we're taking a trip."