nine | home invasion

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
CHAPTER NINE
home invasion
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓CHAPTER NINEhome invasion ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

❛ ━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━ ❜

THE SPEED THAT Steve was going was hard to keep up with, especially since she's significantly shorter than her roommate. Currently, the pair was marching to Fury's office to figure out why in the hell Natasha had a different mission when it had the chance to have jeopardized everyone's life.

Steve seemed to notice Diana's struggle to keep up and slowed his pace, they were on Fury's floor now, his door was right there. Steve had slammed open the door, though because it didn't break in half, Diana knew he was restraining himself.

"You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?" Steve had bursted, his anger now at the perfect outlet considering the man behind the desk was the cause.

"I didn't lie." Fury was nonchalant with his words, "Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours."

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share." Steve pointed out, Diana had never seen him this mad before, and they fought aliens together.

"I'm not obliged to do anything." Fury was all too nonchalant about their presence which began to irritate her. She furrowed her eyebrows as she faced him head-on, a frown settling on her face.

"Those hostages could've died, Nick." Steve was leaning against Fury's desk, his stare more intense but Fury wasn't bothered in the slightest.

"I sent the greatest soldier in history and a woman who can change anything she wants with the slightest touch to make sure that didn't happen." Fury directed his state from Steve to Diana, making her look out the window and back.

"Don't look at me, I'm emotional support," Diana held her hands behind her back, her words earned a glare from Steve who brought his attention back to their boss.

"Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army." Steve argued, "Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns." He was right, and everyone in the room knew that. There had to have been a reason that Fury didn't tell them all.

"The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye." Fury was returning Steve's energy now as he placed his hands on his desk, "Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything."

"I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their own." The anger was visible in Steve as he spoke, or maybe it was just something Diana can see.