Chapter 8

Areail began to wake up on the chilly floor. Her vision was blurry, but she could vaguely make out her surroundings. "Don't move too fast you'll throw up." A voice called from the bed across the room.  Areail looked up her vision finally coming into focus.  "Sasha is that you?" Areail asked.

Sasha looked over at Areail "Have we met?" She asked confusingly. She slowly made herself over to the bed. The nauseous feeling from the chloroform was finally wearing off as she collapsed onto the bed. She slowly caught her breath "I'm Detective Areail Jones. Ian Rose and I have been looking for you for two days now." Sasha's eyes lit up as tears came from her eyes. "He's looking for me?" She asked as she sniffled. Areail shook her head. She looked around the room trying to grasp an idea of her current location.

She felt her pockets "Damn no phone she thought to herself" she walked over to the window and peered out. It was pitch black and the only light was from the street light at the end of the yard, and not to mention that the storm had rolled back in. "Do you have any idea where we are?" She asked Sasha. "Yes, this is Kayla's home." She responded softly. Their was the sudden sound of footsteps approaching them from the hall on the other side of the room door. "Quick get back on the floor." Sasha said as she motioned for Areail to lay back on the floor. She did as she was instructed just before the door swung open.

Kayla walked in with a food tray in tow. Areail peeked at her as she walked by. Kayla glanced over at Areail on the floor and shook her head "Still asleep I see how pathetic." She sat the tray down in Sasha's lap who turned her head the other way. "Best friend you have to eat something. Look I even brought you your favorite hibachi style fried rice and chicken." She said. Sasha moved the tray aside and looked Kayla in her eyes. "You think I'll eat anything from you after what you've held me here hostage?" She asked. Kayla stood up and walked over to the door "You can't see it, but I really am doing this with your best interest in mind." She said before closing the door behind her.

Areail waited for a second before hopping up and making her way over to Sasha. "Can you please tell me what the hell is going on?" She asked with a concerned expression on her face. "Kayla kidnapped me, and beat and framed Rose." She said. Areail had already come to that conclusion, but the real question was why. She peered at her watch for the time but it was dead. "Fuck I've got to get ahold of Rose somehow." She said as she begun pacing the floor. " Look I'm sorry if you are mixed up in all of this Detective Jones, but I had to let Rose know. I had to let him know......that I'm pregnant."

Areail stopped in her tracks "You're what? Pregnant?" She asked. Sasha nodded and smiled as tears begun to fall from her eyes. "I should've been there for him. I should've tried to look past the hurt he caused me to see how broken of a man he actually was. I shouldn't have told him to just die alone." She said as she sobbed into her hands. Areail walked over to her and embraced her strongly. "Hey don't beat yourself up okay. I've spent enough time with him to know that you cannot blame yourself for the things that he has done, nor for the way that he currently is." She said as she scanned the room looking for a possible way out without causing an alert. "It's no use trying to look for a way out there's a camera in here somewhere I just haven't figured out where." Sasha said as she wipe her face.

Sasha explained to Areail how she discussed with Kayla about going to speak to Rose about her pregnancy, and that she was completely irate that she would even want to go and speak with him about anything. "So yeah she rendered me unconscious, and went after my ex to have him completely out of the picture." She said. To Areail all of the pieces of the puzzle were finally coming together, but there was one thing that still was weird that just didn't sit quite right with her, and that was what did her father have to do with this?

"Do you know if my father Chief Jones has his hand in this? She asked as she rubbed her forehead. "Oh so you are the Chief's daughter? Well to be quite honest I have no clue, but I've overheard Kayla arguing over the phone with someone so I assume it is him." She responded. The door opened and Chief Jones walked in. "You bastard!" Areail yelled out as she lunged forward trying to strike her father with a punch. He simply caught it "Enough sit down and listen." He said as he tossed her back towards the bed.