Chapter 10 (Play song at the end)

*ONE YEAR LATER*

An entire year had now passed since Areail Jones who was now Chief had helped her idol Ian Rose take down her father and Sasha's friend Kayla. However, to her it only felt like a few days had passed. "It's been a weird time here without you Rose." Areail said as she stared down at the gravestone. It read "Dr. Ian Rose June 16th 1996-August 3rd 2020. Loving Friend and Father." She smiled as she replaced the dead roses with fresh ones. "Well I've got to get going my friend it's your daughter's first birthday today Kayla Amarni "Rosebud" Rose."

She made her way to her Tesla and put in the address to Rose's house. Her phone began to ring it was another call from Smithhaven. "What do you want?" She asked the person on the other line. " I just wanted to say hello to my daughter the new Chief of police. Your mother would be so proud." Dante said. Areail's grip tightened on her phone "Don't you dare ever mention my mother ever again. You will atone for her murder." She hung up and tossed it aside.

"Kids what will you do with them right." Dante said as he hung up the phone. I looked across his room to see a pair of red eyes staring back at him. From the room next door. Due to spacing arrangements Dante was placed in the room right next to Rose's father. "You know it's been an entire year and this is the first time you've laid eyes on me what's the occasion?" Dante asked as he got closer to the glass.

Crunch! Before he knew it the elder Rose had already punched through the glass, and grabbed him by the neck breaking it in two. " The moment you threatened my son you were already dead. Only I am fit to kill him." He said as he disappeared back into the darkness of his room. He stared at a rose that was sitting in a glass vase "Almost time to bloom." He said

"Thank you so much for everything that you have done Areail I can't appreciate you enough." Sasha said as she and Halle begun washing dishes from the party. "It's fine girl I am Rosebud's godmother after all so it's not a big deal." she replied. Halle shooed Sasha away. Sasha laughed "Okay Halle damn I'll go sit down." she said as she sat down at the table next to Areail. She stared into the living room at the picture of her and Rose.

"You know I really do miss him." she sighed. Areail reached over and grabbed her hand "Yeah so do I. I took him some fresh roses today." Sasha smiled as they hugged each other. On the baby monitor Kayla began crying. "Now what is she doing up right now." Sasha said as she made her way up the stairs. Areail sat and stared at the same picture before hearing Sasha scream.

"Sasha!" She yelled out as she took out her gun and ran upstairs. She kicked the door open. Sasha was sitting on the floor by the door crying while holding Kayla. "Sasha what's wrong?" Areail asked. Sasha said nothing as she pointed at the crib. Areail walked over to it and dropped her gun. She reached into the crib and pulled out a charred rose. "It's him." She said as she ran out of the room and down to the monitors room.

She rewinded the tape back, but nothing happened in the room for the past fifteen minutes. However, she couldn't tell because some of the feedback had become distorted from the storm. She ran out to the front porch "Rose are you out there!?" She screamed out. No response as she fell to her knees crying.

I watched from just beyond the bushes by the gate as Areail fell to her knees crying. "You do realize that they deserve to know that you're alive I mean you did tell Halle." "Other" said. I looked at him as I hopped in my C8 Corvette " Yeah I know. The time just isn't right." I said as I started the car. "So where to?" He asked. I looked at a picture of my mother on the dashboard. " I think it's time I actually ask mother what my father and this soul bonding thing is." I replied as I sped off into the night.

*MEANWHILE*
The alarms at Smithhaven were buzzing all over the facility. Dr. Mitchell laid on the floor bleeding. She could barely move because of the pain from her foot which was now broken. She picked up a radio "This is a code Threat. I repeat a code Threat. She picked up her phone and dialed the Aglovale City police station. "Yes, this is Dr. Caroline Mitchell the head of Smithhaven I need to speak with Chief Areail immediately." she said. "I'm sorry ma'am, but she isn't in at the moment may I take a message?" the receptionist asked.

"No god damn it tell Areail that she has escaped!" she yelled before falling unconscious. "Hello? Ma'am who escaped?" the receptionist asked. Five miles away a girl was driving a Dodge Challenger Hellcat she hot wired. She had replaced her Smithhaven suit with the clothes she took from a guard she killed, and she was plucking the petals off of a rose as she drove. "I'm coming for you my dear sweet Rose." Ryleigh laughed maniacally as she swerved down the road.