Chapter 9

I pushed my Huayra to its limits. Luckily I had tires equipped for this type of weather so I was lucky to not hydroplane. I reached Kayla's house in no time and parked across the street. "Are you sure your ready for this?" I asked myself before stepping out of the car. I tucked my Kel-Tec into my holster and made my way to the door. As I was about to knock it slowly opened.

I made my way into it candles had the house lit up
I guess the power had gone out on account of the storm. "Welcome in Rose." Kayla said as she sat with her legs crossed. Across from her sat Areail and Sasha
both tied up tightly both of them mumbled through their gags. I took a step towards them and Kayla shot at my feet "Don't move." she said calmly. "I see the puppet master, but where is the puppet?" I asked. Dante kicked me in the back and I fell to my knees. I stooped down and looked me in my face. "I'm no ones puppet boy. This is a mutual partnership."

"I find it funny how you two could orchestrate something like this. Well you Kayla I can understand, but not you Dante." I said looking at them both. "It's Chief Jones to you." He replied. I laughed "Yeah you don't get the respect from me anymore you son of a bitch." He slapped me "You know exactly why I'm doing this. Had it not been for you that night would've never happened." Areail finally managed to spit out her gag "What night?" she asked. He turned and looked at her. "It's nothing sweetie." He said as he tried to caress her. She moved aside from it.

"Wow how disappointed am I in you Dante." I said as I made my way to my feet. He looked at me "Don't you do it you piece of shit." He said pointing at me. I winked at Areail "Your father.....he killed your mother." I said. Dante roared as he came charging at me. He grabbed me and threw me into a China cabinet. "Hey don't be messing up my shit it's expensive!" Kayla said as she shot into the air causing Dante to get off of me. Areail looked at her father with horror across her face.

"So is that true daddy?" She asked. He looked at her as tears flooded his eyes "It's all because of him." He said as he pointed at me. Areail looked over at me puzzled. "Had he never showed up in this place I wouldn't have become such a drinker. I accidentally killed your mom in a drunken rage." He said as he fell to his knees. "Blah blah blah." Kayla said as she stood up. "Let's get this over with and go on with our happy lives." She said as she pointed her gun at me.

Little did everyone know Areail had untied herself long before Rose had got there and was waiting on the perfect time to act. She jumped on to Kayla and wrapped the rope around her neck. As Sasha and I looked on Dante grabbed me and threw me into a wall. "Alright then how about we settle this." I said as I stumbled to my feet.  We traded blows and before long we had ended up in the kitchen. We both grabbed a knife from the counter top luckily I managed to grab two.

Knife fighting was my domain, but he was managing himself pretty well with just one. He sliced my arm, and as the pain surged through my body I kicked him in the gut causing him to drop the knife. I hated getting cut more than anything. I head butted him and started beating him in the face until he fell unconscious.

I sat on the floor trying to catch my breath, but the sound of the continuous struggle in the living room brought me to my feet. As I fell into the living room I could see that Areail and Kayla were now fighting hand to hand. "Is that all you've got daddy's girl!" Kayla yelled out as she slammed Areail to the floor.

I managed to get over to Sasha I picked her up and carried her to safety. I untied her and pulled the gag out of her mouth. "You came for me." she said as she began crying. I smiled "Of course we're soul bonded." Sasha looked at me and laughed. Suddenly I felt something weird on my neck as I was pulled backwards by a rope. "Oh how pathetic." Kayla said as she stomped me in the chest repeatedly.

As I screamed through the pain I could see Areail making her way over to Sasha. I grabbed Kayla's foot and drug her to the floor and placed my hand around her throat. "Let go!" she screamed. " No! Not until I see the life leave from your body." I thought to myself. We both screamed as my hand got tighter and tighter.

Bang! Bang! A gun went off. I could feel a burning sensation in the left side of my stomach. I looked down at Kayla it wasn't her. I slowly turned my head there was Dante gun tightly in his hand. He had crawled in the doorway of the kitchen and living room. "No!" Sasha screamed out as she slammed a vase onto Dante's head rendering him unconscious again. However when she grabbed the vase she knocked over some of the candles and they were quickly setting the house on fire.

I fell backwards off of Kayla and she brought herself back up to her feet. She kicked me repeatedly in the side I was just shot in as she grabbed around her neck. I winced from the immeasurable pain that my body had gone through this night "Well isn't this a fortuitous situation. The rose will literally burn to the ground." She said as she looked at the fire that was beginning to rage. She kneeled beside me "Anything left to say freak?"she asked as she cocked her gun once more.

I laughed as I shot a bird at her. "What's so funny she asked as she dug her finger into the bullet wound. I screamed. I spit out blood into her face "Right between the eyes." I said. Bang! A bullet went through her chest. She grabbed at her chest and looked up "Best friend?" she asked. Sasha aimed the red dot of my gun between Kayla's eyes as tears rolled from her eyes "I'm sorry." she replied. Kayla lifted her gun towards Sasha. Bang! Sasha grabbed at her body because she had not yet pulled the trigger. She looked up to see that Areail had delivered the final shot between Kayla's eyes.

Kayla's body fell back beside mine. "Rose!" Areail screamed out as she and Sasha ran over to me. I could feel myself slowly fading away. "You two have got to get out here." I said slowly. "No I'm not leaving you in here." Sasha said. I placed my hand on her face as the smoke from the flames started to engulf the room. "I will forever be by your side." I said as I smiled at her. Sasha looked up at Areail who nodded back at her.

"Rose? Rose can you hear me?" Sasha asked. I slowly turned my head towards her, but my vision was already at it's peak and could fade out at any moment. "I'm pregnant Rose. You're going to be a father." I heard her say through a crackling voice. "A smile stretched across my face as my breathing became very shallow "That's great." I said as my hand fell to the floor. "Rose!?" Sasha screamed. Areail grabbed Sasha
"We've got to get the hell out of here he's gone." she said.

They grabbed her father and drug him out of the front door as the flames finally started to consume the entire home. "You did good kid." "Other" said to me as I sunk in a deep pool of water. "This journey is far from over now fall deeper." he said as a current quickly pulled me down. The fire department arrived fifteen minutes after they got out and begun to help the storm put out the fire.

"Take this piece of shit to Smithhaven." Areail said as an officer threw her father into the back of a police cruiser. One of the firefighters walked over to her and Sasha as they were finishing putting out the fire. "You said that there were two bodies left inside correct?" He asked Areail. She nodded "Well we only found one Detective." He replied to her. She looked at Sasha as a shocked expression came across both of their faces. "There's no way he could've gotten out of that." Sasha said as she rubbed her stomach.