Summoners Lake & Visions

Percy's POV

I woke up with a jolt and gasping for air. I was covered in a light sheen of sweat and my scars were aching. Through my initial internal scan, I relaxed ever so slightly at the fact that my throat was not sore. Thank the gods, I did not want to deal with waking up the whole dam palace.

Laying in the soft bed, I realized that the sun had not fully come up yet. I raised my wrist to look at the black watch that my little brother crafted for me. No one notices it because, thankfully, the Mist still works here so I covered it to appear as a black bracelet.

5:00 a.m...Dam it's early. But there's no way in Hades I'm going back to sleep now.

Rather than choosing to lay in bed 'til the sun rises, I lifted my heavy legs and swung them over the side to sit up on the mattress. I moved the covers to the side and went to my bag on the nightstand. Since my First Army attire was in no condition to be worn, I pulled out my Nemean Lion pelt. It was in the form of a coat similar to a kefta but was a golden tan color rather than the bright pigments that were signature of the Second Army.

With the protective coat on, I bent down to strap Riptide to my hip and pick up the soiled clothing. I swung my bag and water container over my head and started for the door.

I opened it with caution so as to not slam it on the walls and made my way through the halls. I traced out path from yesterday with hopes of running into a guard or maid that could direct me to somewhere that could take care of my uniform. I turned the corner and saw a pair of women in white.

I approached the two and upon hearing my footsteps, they both turned their attention to me. They looked slightly shocked but stood straight nonetheless. The taller of the two cleared her throat once I stopped in front of them, "Is there anything I can help you with Miss?" She held a polite tone and a fake smile.

I disregarded the mask she put up and answered her question, "Yes, thank you. Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of somewhere that could mend my unifor? I'm afraid that the journey here was not kind to it." I held up the ratty clothing to show what I meant.

They both gasped faintly at the dirty clothes in my hands and the same woman who asked me the initial question spoke once more, "Of course, Miss. Analissa here will take those off your hands and return then, mended, to your room. Analissa?" The shorter woman in white moved upon hearing her name and took the uniform in her arms.

I gave her a small smile which seemed to take her by surprise, "Thank you, Analissa."

Her eyes grew wide before relaxing and returning my smile. Hers seem to be more genuine than the taller woman's, "It's no problem, Miss." She was a quiet thing and before I could say more, she was on her way down the hall at a quick pace.

I turned my attention back to the taller woman, "Is there a lake or river nearby?"

She politely looked at me but the boredom in her eyes gave her away. She wanted this conversation to be over and return to her work. "Yes, Miss. The Summoner's Lake is down this hall, make a right, and through the gate. Once you exit the palace, you should see it," she informed me.

I nodded my head in understanding, "Thank you..."

She took the hint, "Reessa, Miss."

"Thank you, Reessa," and with that, we went our separate ways.

The Little Palace was quiet at this time. I made sure to keep my footsteps light so as to not disturb anyone. I passed a couple of guards on their patrol and some maids but made no conversation with anyone.

Following Reesa's instructions, I made my way out of the gate and saw a large, shimmering lake. Thank the Gods.

I made my way to the lake and saw that there was a small dock. I walked to the wooden dock, sat down, took off my shoes, and dangled my legs into the water. I could feel the water creeping up my legs to help soothe my aching scars.