Black Kefta & The Black Heretic

Aleksander's POV

I woke up this morning with a sense of purpose. It had been three weeks since the Sun Summoner arrived at the Little Palace but now I needed to get her to trust me.

I got up from my dark bed and dressed for the day. Slipping on my kefta, I walked to the door and addressed the oprichnik that was posted at the door.

"Guard, fetch Genya for me."

"Yes, moi soverenyi," he bowed and walked briskly down the halls of my palace.

I turned back into my room and stood at the War table whilst waiting for the Tailor.

How would I get Alina to trust me? The girl is rather skittish and seems rather reluctant to embrace that she is Grisha, much less the Sun Summoner.

Maybe a black kefta would do. She would see that she is special. A ride around the Little Palace would make her feel more comfortable around me as well.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a knock at the door.

"Enter," I commanded to who I assumed to be Genya.

The Tailor in white entered the dark war room and bowed.

"Moi soverenyi."

"Genya. Please head to the Fabrikators workshop and give Alina the black kefta I had made for her and please inform her that I would like to take her riding this morning."

"Yes, sir. However, if I may, I'm not sure she will entirely be comfortable riding with you alone. You are not the most gentle man to be around, if I'm being blunt," she responded wisely but with her signature attitude.

She was right. Alina was more intimidated by me so having a mediator between my Sun Summoner and I would be a smart decision.

"You make a good point, Genya. Tell Ms. Jackson that she is joining us as well."

Genya smiled and bowed before making her way through the doors and down the halls.

Looks like I will get to spend some time with the mysterious Persephone Jackson as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Percy's POV

I was having a dream about being back on the Argo II when it felt like an earthquake was happening.

My eyes shot open and I realized that Genya was shaking me awake.

"Well finally! You sleep worse than the dead!" my beautiful ginger friend so kindly told me.

"Why thank you Genya. That's just what every girl wants to hear. What are you doing so early?" I asked her while throwing the covers back over my face to try and drift off into the realm of Hypnos.

Genya ripped the blanket from my body and put her hands on her hips like a scolding mother.

"Get up! You and Alina are going horse riding with General Kirigan this morning and you don't want to keep him waiting," she said and that just sent electricity through my body that woke me right up.

I shot out of bed and frantically started to get ready.

"Why didn't you start with that?!"

"Because you were so adamant on going back to sleep, you idiot."

"Love you too, Gen."

I ran around after quickly washing up, strapping Riptide to my hip and throwing on my blue kefta. Seeing as we're going with the general of the Second Army, might as well look nice and wear the coat they gave me.