New Friend & New Kefta

Timeskip

Third POV

About a month had passed since Aleks had let Percy into his past and the Winter Fete was tomorrow.

The demigoddess was sitting at the vanity in her room fiddling with the ear cuff gifted to her from Apollo and simply thinking. A few things had happened in the weeks since and none were too unpleasant, thankfully.

For one, she and Genya have grown closer since Percy learned that she needed to have an actual outfit for the fete and couldn't just show up in her normal attire.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

Percy looked at Aleks who just stood there with an amused smirk on his face.

She blinked twice with wide eyes before asking, "I'm sorry, I have to wear what?"

"It is a formal engagement. You must dress appropriately."

"Yeah I get that, but does that really mean I need to wear a dress?"

The man in black chucked, something he found himself doing rather often when in the presence of the demigoddess, "Yes, Persephone. Or at least a different kefta but I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to seeing you in a stunning Grisha-made gown."

Percy's face grew warm, something she found herself doing more often in the presence of the Shadow Summoner, "Well, I wouldn't even know where to begin. If you haven't noticed, I'm not a dress kind of girl."

"I'm sure Genya would be happy to help," Aleks offered.

As much as Percy knew he was trying to help, she couldn't stop the sinking feeling in her stomach when Genya was mentioned. Since she attacked the tailor in her dream-skewed haze, the demigoddess tried to avoid her. Also since Genya and Alina were such good friends now, Percy didn't want either one to be uncomfortable with her being around.

Aleks could see the dread form in her eyes and on her face when he brought up Genya's name and slightly remembered what happened that one night he saw Percy in one of her vulnerable moments. Genya was getting close to Alina for him and didn't realize that that would cause Percy to avoid her.

The Black Heretic stepped from where he was leaning on his war table and gently grabbed Percy's lone hand that was hanging by her side while her other was anxiously tugging on the lining of her golden fur coat.

Sea green met the darkest shade one's eye could be and Percy could feel parts of the dread fade away and be replaced with warmth from the man in front of her.

"I understand your hesitation to go to Genya but trust me, she will not treat you any differently," Aleks reassured Percy.

Even though the young woman didn't entirely believe him, she tried her best to. Percy knew Aleks was just trying to make her feel better and that alone meant something to her.

"Thanks Aleks. Maybe I will, gods knows I'm useless when it comes to stuff like that."

Aleks chuckled and lifted his spare hand to brush away a strand of hair that fell in front of Percy's face, which yet again left Percy feeling her face burn.

"I'll send her to your room to discuss but I was hoping to ask if you would be willing to incorporate something into your attire..." Aleks trailed off and watched Percy tilt her head in questioning.

"If it's not too much to ask, I was wondering if you would add some black into your colors. I know you will most likely choose something predominantly blue but...it would mean a lot to me if you incorporated a part of me with you."