Something I wrote in school that I didn't spend to much time on lol

Everyone always said I was quiet. Too quiet for my good, some would whisper. Others would look and mummer among their peers as if I was a thing to admire and gawked at instead of an actual person. I don't mind this because they never talk to me, and I never talk to them. When I was in class and teachers would call on me, I would raise a paper with words rather than words coming from my throat. At first, the teachers had a problem with it; some would even bring me in the hallway and ask what was wrong. Being me, I didn't answer, and most of them would sigh and say the same thing, "If there's anything wrong, you can tell me." It didn't sound comforting, though, more like a command than anything. I would nod and sit back in my seat as classes would continue like usual. Lunch was the only time I had some peace; sitting in the grass field by the one tree alone was fun. Other kids would leave me alone; I could eat my sandwich and be lost in my thoughts, with music ringing through my ears. My alarm would go off, and I would head to my following classes and finally go home, waking up the next day and starting that cycle all over again. But until one day changed my entire life forever.

One autumn day, I clearly remember this too; it was October 5, 2018. Sitting by the tree again, I looked at the farm field across the street, and the noon sky was grey as leaves fell on the ground around me, almost like they were avoiding me. As the small indie band gave me a tiny concert in my brain, I felt a tap on my shoulder; pausing my music, I took out my headphones and turned to see a girl. She was around my age, wearing a brown sweater, and a long black skirt, with black platform boots to match. Her hair was a mix of licorice black and rose red; she was wearing a faint smile on her face as words fell out of her mouth, "Can I sit with you?" The question stabbed through my heart as my anxiety began to rise; I nodded yes. She sat down and pulled out a sketchbook from her bag, it had stickers all over it, and she opened it to a blank page, "Beautiful isn't it?" she said, staring out to the farm field.

I nodded again in agreement with her, and she turned to me. "Why don't you talk?" she asked. And I sighed as I knew this was going to happen eventually. I was almost annoyed at the moment when my thoughts were cut off by her voice again, "It's fine, you don't have to." She said, smiling at me. I was a little taken aback at this because I've never had someone let me be me and not complain about it. I smiled a little at this and pulled out my phone. I brought up some music, and she looked down at the band that was on my screen, "No way you listen to that band too?! I love that band!" I pressed play, and the music flew out of my phone, and I relaxed a little. The girl brought a pencil and sketched it in her notebook as I laid my head against the tree. It was nice until my alarm went off; she checked the time and saw it was time for the next class. "You're in my class, right?" She asked. I nodded, as I'd seen her before, and she smiled. "Great!" and she held out her arm. I stopped my music and packed up, walking to class with a new friend.

I always sat in my chair the same routine, way back in the classroom where no one could see me. Usually, the chair next to me is empty, but she inhabited the spot. Turning to me, she said, "My name's Moon." She said chipperly. Pulling out a notepad, she passed it over, and I took out my pen. The blue ink touched the white paper, and I wrote out, "My name's Lily." I smirked a little as I stared at her from a distance. Moon was the prettiest girl I had ever seen. Her skin was the color of mocha brown, and with her black eyes, you could easily get lost. Love was the only thing on my mind, and she was in the center of it.

The day ended, and I walked out of the school feeling new. I'm still the same person as always, but I feel better, like meeting Moon cured whatever was wrong with me. Moon came up to me as I headed out the school gate, her sweater now taken off tied around her waist, her black t-shirt blending in with the cloudy scenery. "Want to hang out at the coffee shop with me today? We can do homework together." I nodded a little too eagerly, and I knew she saw my excitement too. We linked arms and walked to the coffee shop. When we got there she pulled out her sketchbook, and I pulled out my homework. "I lied lol, I just wanted to draw." I let out a small chuckle and wrote on a piece of paper; You should be working, haha. She retaliated by trying to hug me, and I accepted. Her grasp was so comforting, and I leaned in, hoping it would last longer. "Fine, I'll do my work, mom," Moon said mockingly. I laughed, and we sat back down doing our homework.

And that's how things were with Moon and me. For weeks we would hang out, whether at school, at each other's house, or any place that could inhabit more than two people. But the area that would hang most is the tree near the field. She would always say, "I want to go in that field and sit there for all eternity." I nodded in agreement. On Halloween Eve, I told her something that would change the course of our friendship forever. We were sitting by the tree again, she was sketching, and I was listening to music. I looked at the field and took a couple of deep breaths before gently nudging her. "What's up, best friend?" Those two words hurt more than anything else, but I pushed past them. I handed her a small note, she read it, and I recoiled in my hoodie. This is it. I thought. She's going to call me some names and storm out on me. I'll lose the only friend I've ever had. Breaking thought was a slight tap on my shoulder. She gave me a tight hug and said, "Of course." I hugged back. That was the day when I wished I had a voice.

Halloween came, and I was dressed in a witch costume, while Moon was dressed like a goth fairy. We had fun the entire day, she told ghost stories to me on her phone, and I listened. I wrote her a scary story to read, and she said I was like Steven King, which made me blush out of embarrassment. I wish I could stay on that day forever, I wish we had grown old together, but now I knew it would never end that way. Finally, Halloween night rolled around; kids were walking up and down the streets in different costumes. Some were ghosts; others were characters that I could not recognize. We walked along a path that led us back to the tree that pulled us together. And there it was, the field stood before Moon and me once again. "Let's go in." She said. I turned to her, and she grasped my hand, holding it tightly as we walked into the field. The wheat was taller than our heads as we walked through with no sense of direction. We walked for a minute or two when we came to a clearing. It was an open area in the shape of a circle. The stars were visible as with the Moon. Moon and I brought out a pair of headphones, and we connected them to my phone. I played our favorite song, and we began dancing. We twirled around, she dipped me, and I dipped her back. For the first time, I laughed. The most exciting part of this story was when she looked at me, and I looked at her. She smiled as the song slowly faded into the next one, and she kissed me. My emotions ran wild when our lips unlocked, all I could do was stare at her, and it seemed it was all Moon could do too. Love was in the air that Halloween night, and we could feel it. But, I wish I knew the pain would be there as well, oh how I wish I could see her face again. That's when I formed my first ever sentence, "I-I love-v-ve you." I said. It didn't come out right as I hoped, but it didn't matter; Moon's hug when I said that made me feel on top of the world. That's when I let go for a sec to get my phone so that I could change it to a better song. "LILY, LOOK OUT!" I heard from behind me. That's when I felt this ram in my side, and a sharp pain hit right after. I felt a tuff breath that wasn't from a human but an animal. Before I blanked out, I heard Moon scream and her feet panicking over to me.

Now that I'm dead, I was glad that the night happened. Moon was the best thing that ever happened to me, and though I see her crying every once in a while at night, I know she will be with me soon. I wish I were faster than the beast that killed me. Then I wouldn't be missing her every day; then I wouldn't have to see Moon turn into such a mess. Oh, darling, I'll be with you soon, I promise.

(Hey sorry I've been gone so long, school was a mf mess lol. I'm doing well, and I go by she/they pronouns now so...respect me lmao, or don't follow me :) Uhm...I hope you guys are doing well too! Have a good day/night :D