Chapter 3, Drenched.

Espresso Cookie was sitting at a white wafer Choco table in his cookie house. He was obviously working in peace in quiet, which is how he liked it. The quiet was soon gonna go away. Espresso Cookie sighed at a thought he had. He said he wasn't gonna go to this... Stage play, but he needed something to keep him up. Espresso shut his book slowly, before standing up. He looked out his window and saw Madeline on his stage. His cape was fluttering in the wind, as he held up his sword. All the cookies were cheering at Madeline.

Espresso rolled his eyes before walking out of his house. He carefully shut the door behind him and noticed Latte Cookie. They are like siblings in a way, but that's just what Latte Cookie thinks. Espresso Cookie walked up to Latte while rubbing his eyes a bit. Latte turned to Espresso.

"What can I help you with Espresso Cookie?" Latte Cookie asked with a sweet smile. Espresso looked down.

"Are you thinking of going to that stage-play?" Espresso looked back up with a slight smile.
Latte nodded with a giggle. "You should go Espresso Cookie. This one is particularly about you!" Latte says with a bow before walking over to Madeleine's play. Espresso Cookie turned to Latte Cookie as she was walking off. "What? What does she mean, about me." Espresso Cookie thought with a head tilt. He would have never thought that Madeline would do this. Espresso Cookie shrugged, then followed Latte Cookie.

Espresso Cookie stood next to his sister figure in the large crowd. He looked up at Madeline Cookie who was talking away. He was talking about how his magic worked and stuff. Espresso crossed his arms with a scoff. He actually thought this was about him. After that magic subject, Madeline Cookie started talking about how cookies should get sleep to work harder. Now that caught Espresso Cookie's attention. As Madeline Cookie was talking, Espresso grew super angry. He honestly just wanted to tell at Madeline Cookie.

Madeline Cookie smiled brightly. "The reason I have brought up this rather important topic, is because I have a friend in this crowd who thinks sleep is...less important than work time." Madeline Cookie locked eyes with Espresso Cookie. Espresso gasped silently with a quiver. He clenched his fists a little bit. All the other cookies started yelling and saying things like, "They might hurt themselves!" Or, "They must get help!!" Which caused Espresso Cookie more anger. This really embarrassed him. Madeline Cookie noticed his angry expression, and turned his face into a concerned expression.

"Now now cookies, there's no need to say these things. I guess he just really wants to miss his work once he collapses." Madeline turned back to all the cookies with a sigh. Espresso Cookie had honestly had enough. He turned around and walked straight back to his cookie house in anger.