Chapter 24| Starry Night

Short chapter 😣
---------------------------------------------------

The night was cold and windy. Professor Espresso Cookie, along with Red Velvet Cookie, were coming up with a certain plan to trap the knight commander. As they spoke and spoke, the winds got more heavy. The professor turned to the double doors. "Hmm...are we expecting a storm?" Espresso asks, turning to the commander. Red Velvet raises an eyebrow. "Not that I know of." He responds. Espresso sighed, turning back to Red Velvet. "Hmph..." He hummed.

Espresso wasn't a fan of storms...or lightning. He remembers vividly, once, him and Madeleine were caught in a storm. Espresso's gaze softened as he looked at Red Velvet. "Excuse me, commander." Espresso says. Red Velvet tilted his head. "What is it?"
"Are we going to kill Madeleine?"

...

Lightning struck before Red Velvet could answer. Right as it struck, Espresso flinched, turning quickly towards the doors. Red Velvet frowned slightly. "Not a fan of thunder...eh?" Red Velvet chuckled. The professor sighed shakily, sitting in a position where he was hugging his knees. He ignored that question, as it was stupid to answer. Just then, he felt something rub up against his arm. He looked to his left and noticed a small cake hound.

"Arf?" It ruffed, sitting down as it's tail wagged. Espresso set his hand on the hounds head, softly petting its head. He felt himself warm up; more calm than usual. Perhaps he needed a pet like this...it was so unusual for one cookie to have an army of cake hounds. Red Velvet smiled warmly. "Chiffon seems to like you."
"Chiffon?.."

"That's his name." Red Velvet folded his arms, watching Espresso pet Chiffon. The professor felt his hand being licked. "Mmph." Espresso slightly giggled, pulling his hand away. He sighed, looking down at the ground. Red Velvet too, looked down at the ground.

Again...
Awkward.

Chiffon, the little cake hound, ran right over to Red Velvet, jumping in his lap. The commander giggled as he began petting the creature. Espresso looked up at the two with a cold gaze...but then he smiled. This was a very cute sight. But he kept on thinking...were they going to kill Madeleine? So much stupid stuff has happened to them both, but it isnt a reason to kill him. Perhaps they can...recruit him or something? He definitely didn't want his "partner" dead. His smile slightly faded just thinking about it. "Oh, Madeleine." He whispered.

---------------------------------------------------
so sorry for such a short chapter. this story is going off of hiatus! although, the remake isn't going so well either. no ideas are coming to mind and I just don't have motivation to write as much anymore. I hope you all understand! <33