Chapter 25| Panicky

HELP...
IKIK THIS STORY IS LIKE...DEAD?? BUT DW ITS MAKING A COMBACK >:D

(help me my obsession with elemental is getting out of hand.)

enjoy the chapter!! :3

---------------------------------------------------

"Stupid map..." The knight groaned, turning the map in all directions. It seemed the map was unfinished...as if another part of the map was missing. While Madeleine was looking through the map, Latte Cookie and Almond Cookie were searching for clues...but nothing. Not a trace of the professor.
Not.
A.

TRACE.

Madeleine, frustrated, gripped onto the map. It almost looked like he was going to rip it apart. It's always gotta be when Espresso is involved, I swear...

"Anything yet?" Madeleine asked, looking over at the two. Latte stood up with a sigh. "Nothing yet...not even his bitter coffee scent is coming through."

"Blast."
Madeleine groaned, sitting down on the ground. "At this rate, we'll never find him! And that sounds weird coming out of me." Madeleine hugged his knees, holding back to URGE to scream at the top of his lungs. Almond walked over to Madeleine, setting his hand on the knights shoulder.
"We are going to find him, no matter the cause. He's a powerful cookie, he couldn't have gone that far." Almond said. Latte smiled. "He's right, Madeleine. He can't go that far. And besides, once we find him, we'll have to have a good chat with him. He's starting to worry me as well...heh." Latte nervously smiled. Madeleine looked over at the two, immediately smiling. "You both are absolutely correct! We can't give up here." He said pridefully, standing up.

"We are cookies, we have enough bravery to go through this. We got this!"

Almond smiled, giving Madeleine a thumbs up. Latte looked to her left, her smile fading a little. She noticed a pink tie...near a bush. As Almond and Madeleine began to talk, she walked over to the bush. Once she got there, she kneeled down, picking up the tie. "That's pretty cliche." She said, examining the tie. It had a couple rips on it, some thread hanging loose. She raised an eyebrow. "Where did this tie come from..."

"Hey, guys?" She called out, turning to the two. The knight and detective looked over at the professor. "What is it, professor?" Almond asked, folding his arms. Latte held up the tie, making sure the other two could see. Madeleine felt his heart rise. That was Espresso's tie!
"That's Espresso's tie!" Madeleine said, running over to Latte. "It is? It looks really dirty...he usually keeps himself clean in these kinds of situations." Latte said, Almond walking over to the duo. "I know it is, I know! It's the exact shade, it's folded almost perfectly, it has to be his!"

"Why do you pay attention to that kind of stuff?"

"Hehe...I uh."
Flustered Madeleine moment.

"Nevermind that, we could use this for a clue." Almond said, snatching the tie away from Latte. He examined it closely, noticing the scratches and rips. He then had an idea.
"We could stop by the Jelly Bear village down the path. Perhaps they know what happened to him." Almond said. Madeleine smiled widely. "Great idea, detective! We could also get some food there...and maybe another map...hmm."
"Let's not get too excited. Today is the queen Jelly Bears wedding. We don't want to interrupt." Latte said, looking over at Madeleine with a smile. The knight nodded. "Yes, right."

"I'm just so eager to find him, that's all. There's been so much stuff that's been going on with us...I'm starting to worry. What if he's hurt? Or even worse...crumbled! If we reach him within short notice, we might be too late!"
Madeleine ranted on.
Latte set her hand on Madeleine's shoulder.

"Listen, were going to find him. Even if it takes days or weeks, we can't let the professor we all know and love just disappear like that. He's a part of our family, and we never leave our family behind."
Latte said in a reassuring voice. Madeleine sighed.
"Yes, yes. We're going to find him. I'm just worrying." Madeleine said, nervously smiling.
"And it's okay to be nervous. You and Espresso are...slightly close. If anything, he'd be thrilled to see you."

Almond doesn't know about Espresso and Madeleine being a thing.

Uh oh.

...

The stars are magical pieces of art in the sky. One star in particular will make a comeback.
As the cookie took careful steps, they peeked through a bush, noticing three cookies debating. The Cookie's smile grew, knowing what he should do next.

"Ah, so that's the Madeleine."

---------------------------------------------------

( 773 words)