Chapter 15 | Planning

Days.
Days have passed.
Those days went by for what has seemed like years...but not fully.
Espresso and Madeleine haven't spoke a single word to each other since. And as usual, Espresso didn't change his habits one bit. He was still the ignorant and bitter boy we all know and love. But Madeleine on the other hand seemed to be less...happy then usual.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Madeleine sat outside near a tree. He stared at the clouds, trying to get his mind off of what happened yesterday. Did Espresso really mean this? Or was he just upset...a bunch of thoughts ran through Madeleine's head, but he just decided to keep smiling through it. Though he never liked hiding his feelings, like Espresso, he wanted to keep this a plain secret from everyone. Most cookies in the kingdom think Espresso and Madeleine practically hate each other. Which is half true...but still.

Madeleine thought sharing his thoughts with Espresso would change something, and it did. But it was a change he never wanted to happen. He thought saying something would make him feel better, not make him feel worse. And by God does he still feel guilty.
"I should have kept my mouth shut," Madeleine whispered to himself.

Madeleine decided that this was a good idea. Maybe Espresso was going through some stuff and didn't want anyone to know. He smiled to himself. He liked thinking about Espresso at times. It helped Madeleine remind himself that he still loves him. It may sound complicated, but if you heard it in Madeleine's words, you'd understand. Madeleine sat up and looked forward. And to his surprise, he saw Espresso and Latte chatting behind a tree. He knew it was them because he saw Latte's hair and Espresso's cape. Now Madeleine isn't the type to spy or eavesdrop, but he was curious of what they were talking about. He stood up and began walking towards the tree, but was interrupted by a tap on his shoulder. He turned around and saw Herb.
"Oh, Herb! How are you today?"
"I'm doing fine, Madeleine. I was just wondering if you could watch my plant while I was gone. I need to get some things from the juice bar." Herb explained, his face going a little red. Madeleine knew he was probably going to see Clover or Mint Choco.

(Rare pairs??!??)

"Of course I can watch over it! Anything for a friend in need!"
"Thank so you much Madeleine. I asked Espresso before you, and he said to go to you." Herb smiled softly and walked off. Now Madeleine was really suspicious of Espresso...he decided to brush it off and walk to Herbs garden.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"What are your plans on getting him back, professor?" Latte asked, leaning up against the tree next to Espresso. The mage scoffed. "I don't plan on getting him back anytime soon. It will happen when it happens." Espresso responded with an annoyed tone. Latte nodded. "I see. Well, I wish you the best of luck." Espresso felt a pair of arms wrap around him. Latte pulled him into a hug. Espresso felt himself get hot as he pushed Latte off of him.
"Personal space..." He muttered. Latte chuckled. "Apologies. I'll see you later, Espresso!" Latte ruffled up Espresso's hair before walking away. Espresso rolled his eyes and fixed his hair.
"Buh bye." He mumbled. He actually wondered if he could speak to Madeleine sometime today. He was feeling a little lonely without him. But he remembered the night of the blizzard. Madeleine's words...the argument...he didn't like the argument one bit, but he remembered something Madeleine said to him.

"You've been with me for quite some time now espresso, i just feel more comfortable around you than most cookies."

"...Stupid mind." He said to himself. Espresso peeked from behind the tree and saw Madeleine. Strangely enough, he wasn't in Herbs garden like he said. Instead, he was talking to Herb. Espresso fixed his glasses and ran towards a tree near them. He was pretty desperate for Madeleine's love, but not that desperate. He decided to eavesdrop on them.

"Oh...I'm so sorry, Madeleine."
"It's no biggie, he wanted this, so I respect it! Besides, if he's happy, I'm happy."

"Are they talking about what happened?" Espresso thought to himself. He turned his body around. Thinking for a moment, he had a plan to at least get them to talk. Since he's being a pussy, he can get Latte to bring Madeleine over to him since he's afraid to do it himself. "I'm a genius!" He said out loud, running over to Latte's house. Madeleine and Herb turned around.
"What do you think he's doing?"
"Not sure, but he seems happy." Madeleine responded with a smile.
"And it's good he's happy."