Chapter 18 |No worries?

"There we go, all calm..." Madeleine broke the hug then kissed Espresso's cheek. Espresso seemed to be in discomfort. He just wanted to be held onto for as long as he could live. But as we all know, all dreams don't come true. Espresso sniffled, wiping his eyes. "Mhm..." He folded his arms then coughed.

"We...we shall never speak of this."
"That's fine with me!" Madeleine turned around to see Latte sitting there...she seemed to be a bit upset. "What am I, chopped liver or something?" Latte joked, rolling her eyes. Madeleine laughed. "No no, of course not! Me and Espresso will be taking our leave," Madeleine held onto the Mage's hand. "It was nice to visit you," Espresso slightly smiled. "And...thank you," Espresso said. Latte smiled. "Of course! Anything. Now, you two go do your...things. I'll be here if I'm needed!" Latte explained. Madeleine smiled as him and Espresso walked out the door.

|| ... ||

"It's no use! We'll never get his power at this rate!" Licorice Cookie yelled, slamming his fist on the table. "Ugh...it's you who's being impatient, Licorice." Pomegranate Cookie said sternly. Poison Mushroom Cookie tugged at Licorice's cape. "Who's power...?"

"That...that coffee cookie! He's way smarter than we expected! What will we do now!?" Licorice crossed his arms. "Well, the Latte thing clearly isn't working...we'll have to go farther," Pomegranate smirked. Licorice tilted his head. "...And by that you mean?"
"Go for the knight commander. We'll have to capture him in order for Espresso to turn himself in," Pomegranate explained, grabbing a small potion.

"What's that...?" Poison mushroom asked, pointing to the potion. The red haired Cookie smiled. "This, my dear shroom friend, is a possession potion. We'll have to use this on the blonde."
"Will it work?"
"Oh, for sure..."

Pomegranate walked to a small billboard.

"It'll have to work."