Chapter 6, Butterflies.

Once the two cookies stepped inside Madeleine's house, Espresso felt the warmth already. He shut the door behind him and pulled down his scarf, revealing only his face but not his neck. He looked at Madeleine who had put the rather large bag on the ground next to his bed.

"Espresso," Madeleine said. "What's inside the bag?" He asked.

Espresso cleared his throat. "Work materials. I will need them for...work." he fixed his glasses.

Madeleine nodded. He was having some thoughts. He didn't want to be Espresso's enemy anymore, so he wanted to bond with him. Then, out of the blue, Madeleine asked, "Is there a specific reason why you dislike me."

Espresso looked up. His body still shaking from the cold, but he felt tense. He decided to change the subject. "Why did you help me?

"Don't change the subject, Espresso. Please answer me."

Espresso paused. He walked towards Madeleine and sighed. "I cannot answer that, I'm sorry." He crossed his arms.

Madeleine wouldn't take no for an answer. He grabbed Espresso's hand and held him close. "You don't have to be afraid to tell me." He said. "I wont get mad."

Espresso's face lit up for a sec. He nervously laughed and pushed Madeleine away.
"Why is it so important?"
"I'm just curious."

Espresso rubbed his eyes. "Look, I can't answer that, don't push me." His voice sounded a bit raspy. It almost sounded like he was gonna cry.

Madeleine folded his arms with a nod. "Very well then. You may make yourself comfortable while I make you some coffee." Madeleine turned around. Espresso nodded and watched Madeleine walk off.

Espresso climbed onto Madeleine's bed and sat down. His legs were dangling off the high ground of the bed. He sighed. "It happened again." He looked around the room. He felt those weird butterflies again. Maybe he needs some advice.

A couple seconds past, and Madeleine walked inside holding a small cup of coffee. He set the mug next to a small table by his bed. He looked up at Espresso.

"Something on your mind?" He sat down next to him. Espresso looked at Madeleine and nodded.

"Plenty of things, but I'm just stuck on this one topic." He fixed his glasses again. Madeleine nodded. "And what is that?"

"Why do I feel my stomach cramp when I'm around you. It just...feels so odd. I'm not sure what it is. But it mostly happens when you get close to me." Espresso explained. Madeleine finally understood what Espresso meant. He turned away as a small set of blush appeared.

"That's...that's something you have to find out on your own." Madeleine turned back to Espresso looking pretty pale. Espresso face palmed.

"Why can't you just tell me."
"It's something you won't like, and you will deny it."

Espresso put his scarf back up. He turned to the door. "Madeleine." He looked back at him, "Why do you care so much?"