Chapter 8 - Lost Thoughts

REWRITE!! X3
---------------------------------------------------
The cookie stood in silence. Did he hear the other male correctly?

He loved him?

Loved.
HIM!??

Madeleine nervously smiled along with the slight chuckle. "Ehe...I hate to have you repeat yourself, professor, but could you speak up?" The blond said. The mage rolled his eyes. "Ugh...who knew a light magic user could have such horrible hearing." He sighed. "I said what I said...I'm not repeating myself."
"I just want to make sure I heard you correctly."
"What did I say then, hm?" Espresso smirked. He was playing an obvious trick on Madeleine just to get him to say it. The knight commander folded his arms. "You said that you...loved me." Madeleine turned to his side. The mage was now pretty embarrassed. That poor little cookie, so fragile...not really, he's a cunt.
Espresso cleared his throat. "That is...that is what I said, yes." He too, folded his arms. The knight looked over at the mage. "It's strange though."
"What's strange?"

"That you like me like this. Professor, don't you hate me?" Madeleine said, stepping a tad bit closer to the mage. Espresso's face was a little flushed...with a light pink tint.
Blush.
The professor groaned before answering. "I don't hate you, okay? There, I said it."
"Huh?"

"I never did hate you. I never did and I never will. I just acted like this just so I could get some peace and quiet...sort of. Ever since the fight when we were young, for some reason, I could never get over it. I've always hid behind some smug smiles and fake laughs just to get you to smile." Espresso cracked a smile.

The knight commander smiled warmly. "That means a lot, Ess."
"Ess?"

"It's a nickname." Madeleine laughed. The mage scoffed. "I didn't give you permission to call me such a name...Ess, really?" Espresso lightly punched Madeleine's arm as another laugh came out of the knight. "It's just a silly name! Do you not like it?"
"I hate nicknames...just stick to my name. You already know it."

"Alright, dear."
"...That works."

...

you're welcome.
I noticed that chapter 8 is the most popular chapter so I'm just kinda winging it lol