17. Sirius Black

A/N: For @JulzLovDraco4Eva

"Y/N, Lily, good day to you," Sirius bowed to us on his way into the common room. His raven hair which now reached the bottom of his chin fell in front of his eyes as he inclined his head. Huffing at the disturbance my twin sister rolled her eyes and repositioned herself so she was facing the other way. I did the opposite.

"Good evening sire," I responded in a mimic of his posh drawl, "to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Well my dearest I come with grand news," a grin spread across his face as he reached a hand into his robe and retrieved a sheet of parchment.

Dropping character I squinted at the parchment in curiosity, "What's this?"

"A script," Sirius beamed, shoving it into my hands.

I let my eyes glance over it's contents, "Romeo and Juliet? You're really going all out with this actor thing huh?"

Sirius nodded his head in earnest. Ever since Remus had explained the concept of movies to him Sirius had been nothing short of obsessive. During Christmas break he had snuck out of Grimmauld Place to the cinema on three separate occasions and had been hounding Lily and I to describe every movie we'd ever seen in immense detail, just to get a feel of it.

"Wouldn't I make the most dazzling knight in shining armour?" He'd preen while stroking his jaw, receiving laughs from the marauders and I.

"Oh nice," I smiled looking up at him, "how are you going to manage to play all the parts in this one?"

Last time he had recited the Kings speech to an unamused common room, not even stopping when James had started pelting scrunched up paper at him because "Boo Sirius this is boring"

He pulled another script from his robe, a replica of the one in my hands, "I'm not doing it alone. That's where you come in"

I heard Lily snort from where she was bending over her books beside me.

"Me?" I asked, placing a hand over my heart in surprise, "you want me to act too?"

"Of course! Meet me here in 10 minutes and we'll put on a show," he said with that typical devilish grin.

A laugh bubbled out of me, "Okay! Oooh this is fun. What do I need 10 minutes for?"

"Costumes!" Turning to Lily, who was far more talented at charms, he added, "can you whip something up? I think a feather boa would really add a nice touch"

Lily pretended not to hear but once Sirius had headed for his dormitory, presumably for his own costume requirements, she turned to me, "I really hate how you two bounce off each other's awful ideas"

"Lily be grateful!" I smiled throwing my hands up, "we're providing free entertainment for all of Gryffindor"

Remus, coming down from the dormitories, sidled over to the desk before Lily could respond, "he's not roped you into that has he? He was determined to find a script that you could perform together. I told him he should probably ask you first"

"Maybe," I shrugged, tossing off my outer robe and accioing jewellery from my dorm, "but he knew I'd say yes anyway"

Lily muttered something under her breath.

"What was that Lils?" I asked.

"Hmm? Oh nothing"

"Okay. One feather boa please!" I clapped in excitement. She rolled her eyes but obliged.

—-

"Oh happy dagger!" I wailed, clutching at the shoulders of a closed-eyed Sirius sprawled across the common room couch. A crowd had gathered around the scene, previous conversations having hushed a few acts ago.