12. Fred Weasley

"Mr Weasley and Miss y/l/n that is enough!" Professor Mcgonagall yelled, oh was it scary when she yelled, "you will both be serving detentions with me for the rest of the month! I will see you in my office after dinner," she went to depart but her eyes caught on our bodies and the mess flooding the Great Hall, "and if this mess is not cleared up then it will be two months!"

The both of us stood in silence for a minute after her departure, "oh dear," I whispered, "this really isn't good"

I heard Fred gulp from beside me, "you're right about that"

The last few weeks had been nothing short of chaotic. After harmlessly pranking my fellow Gryffindor I found myself in the middle of a prank war. The rest of the school caught on to what was happening and many students began prank wars of their own, it was almost impossible to leave your dorm without being hexed.

Fred had raised the level when he permanently dyed both my hands and wrists a deep blue colour which I was forced to manage with for a week before Professor Flitwick found a curse to bring them back to their original colour. In return I hexed his broomstick to hang him upside down whenever he mounted the broom, most would say he was lucky that they weren't playing that week however the (verbal) beating that he got from Wood was enough to swap my shampoo with balding cream in retaliation. I refused to give him any enjoyment by hiding in my dorm for the day reading up on hair growth and, once my hair had returned, a way to get him back. After a few days of Fred sitting on the edge of his seat I tried out a brilliant, if I may say so myself, spell that caused any food that entered his mouth to turn into olives before he could swallow it. The first few mouthfuls of his supper that evening scared him to bits as they transformed his delicious roast potatoes into salty olives. I lost it the moment he spat out 10 saliva covered olives onto his dinner plate. I refused to perform the counter spell so he had the Giant Squid hold me in a head lock. Fortunately, I was freed, but only after he successfully ate an apple in front of me, no olives involved.

George was stuck between us, if he helped Fred then I'd get him back, if he helped me, then Fred would. He didn't partake on either side however I suspected he was feeding Fred with new ideas on how to get me. This suspicion came about when Fred took 5 inches off my height, that damn George knew I'd hate that, I never should've told him my height was not something to be joked about.

By the fourth week of these seemingly endless taunts Gryffindors would leave the common or dorm rooms whenever we entered them, I couldn't blame them I was starting to tire myself. However when I approached Fred about it he claimed himself the winner and well, I just couldn't have that. So the next opportunity I was given I wrote 'Fred loves Merlins left bum cheek' across his forehead with Everlasting Ink. He was livid but somehow managed it off with the help of Hermione. The next prank, well, you caught the end of that earlier.

Fred lured me from the common room by shouting "y/n ! Someone's got Filch tied up by his ankles in the Great Hall!" I should have realised it wasn't true but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to see Filch hanging from the ceiling.

Upon entering the Great Hall I was submerged in a thick black liquid. I shut my eyes tightly and reached for the nearest thing, which, unfortunately for him, was Fred. We both slowly drifted deeper into the 'pool of death' unable to intake air anymore however as soon as my foot touched something I presumed to be the ground we both shot out at lightning speed and landed on the edge of whatever it was.

Before I had time to slap Fred across the face McGonagall entered the hall angrier than I'd ever seen her.

Fred and I cleaned up the Great Hall, me doing so reluctantly, and mentally prepared ourselves for a month of detentions with our Head of House.

"I'm sorry," he sighed

"I'm kind of sorry," I sighed back.

"Hey this is as much your fault as it is mine!"

"I wasn't the one who nearly DROWNED us, Fred!"

"Oh it couldn't have killed you y/n, you saw how it repelled you when you touched the bottom," he replied with furrowed brows.

"That was too far Fred! It's damn lucky I didn't suffocate myself!" I argued.

"No you couldn't- oh, oh I didn't think of that." His eyes widened in shock, "I didn't think of that at all oops, I'm sorry y/n, I really didn't mean-"

"Fred!" I yelled bringing his apology to a halt," it's okay I guess, I'm still here aren't I?" I smiled trying to lighten the mood.

He didn't respond, just continued to stare at me for a while, a look of deep thought showing on his face, "Fre-"

He grabbed my face roughly and moved his lips to mine in what seemed to be desperation. It was awkward at first and rushed, however as soon as it was over I pulled him back in again.

He rested his forehead on mine "Sorry again for err almost killing you,"

"I think I can let it slide this once," I smiled sweetly, "I do need to shake your hand on something though."

"What?"

"Stop the Prank War?" I asked sticking out my hand.

He eyed my hand for a moment before responding, "I can think of a better way to seal the deal,"

And before I could even interpret his sentence I was being pulled into another kiss.