10. Sirius Black

I joined the cheerful crowd making their way back from the Quidditch pitch where Gryffindor had just won their match against Ravenclaw. Being the last match of the year Gryffindor had won the Quidditch cup and we were ready to celebrate. James Potter sat on the shoulders of several other seventh years alongside the rest of the team who were all pumping their gloved fists into the air. Adding to the chaos was Sirius Black yelling some snide song to the ravenclaws who really didn't deserve it.

"Sirius," I hissed, "stop booing over their loss and cheer over our victory."

"But that's only half the fun," he grinned broadly, clamping a hand down on my shoulder and guiding me into the castle, just behind the Gryffindor crowd.

"I'm sure they don't appreciate being called snobby know it alls,"

"And that's exactly why I'm doing it!" He laughed to which I just rolled my eyes.

"They might be know it alls but at least they aren't pompous gits," I laughed in response.

Sirius placed a hand over his heart in feigned hurt,"me, a pompous git?"

"Oh shut it you sensitive twit,"

We made it to the lively common room in which large banners were decorated with lions and broomsticks. The lights had been dimmed and some loud trashy music was playing.

I placed my hands over my ears and groaned, "this music is giving me a headache," I yelled to Sirius, "I'm going to head up to my dorm."

I started to push through the tightly packed students but my wrist was grabbed before I could make any progress, "No stay down here and party!"

"Sirius I have a headache, I'm heading up,"

I managed to manoeuvre my way through a sea of bodies and up to my peaceful dorm room. The music was barely audible from my soft mattress. I closed my eyes hoping to get in a small nap when a voice came from beside me.

"Wow so you've left the party to sleep have you?" Sirius asked.

I pushed my head from my pillow in shock, "how did you get in here?!"

"I have my ways," he responded while examining his nails, a smile tugging on his lips

"Get out!"

"Not unless you come back down with me"

"No, I already told you twice, I have a headache!" I creased my brow

"Well," he sighed, "looks like I'm going to have to stay here with you"

I shoved him off the bed before he could properly flop down on top of me.

"Ouch, why'd you do that?" Sirius asked peering up from the floor.

"Why'd you think?"

He simply stood up and flopped down on me again so his body lay mostly on top of my back, "there are 4 other beds in this room and you choose to lie in the one that's already occupied?"

"Yep."

"How thoughtful of you,"

We were quiet for a few seconds before he spoke up again, "been in any cat fights lately?"

"No! Who do you think I am?"

"I was just curious," he retorted, "how about duels?"

"Sirius," I exhaled loudly, "I don't go looking for trouble like you do. How about you? Been in any cat fights lately?"

"I wish," he mumbled, "if Remus would let me at him I'd be right a Snivelus' throat"

"Course you would," I laughed, "I would be there to cheer you on from the sidelines,"

"Aww thanks y/n," Sirius said hugging me.

"This hug would be a lot less awkward if you weren't lying on my back," I said, my face pressed into the pillow

He started counting down "3...2...1..."

"Wha-?"

Before I knew it we had flipped over so Sirius was lying under me.

"Oh yes I can breathe again!" I joked to which Sirius poked me in the side.

"Cuddle me now," he pouted throwing his arms up.

"So needy," I commented before hugging him back. I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes, "this is a well needed hug"

I could feel him laughing through his chest, "every hug is a well needed hug - we should hug more often,"

"Kinky?"

"Oh shut up it is not,"

I peeped my head up with a cheeky grin, "just a little?"

"No,"

"What if I do this?" I licked him on the tip of the nose.

"Nooo my nose, y/n you've infected me!"

"Hey I'm not sick!" I giggled licking his nose again.

"Stop that!"

Without warning this time I was flipped to lie under Sirius again.

"Aaargh Sirius a little warning would be nice," I mumbled into his chest, "I can barely breathe!"

"Sorry," he lifted himself off me so I could push myself up onto the pillow.

"I don't know about you but I'm legitimately tired from just watching that Quidditch match," I puffed.

"How does that even happen?" He smiled touching my cheek lightly with his finger.

"Not sure," I admitted, smiling also.

Sirius' eyes flickered to my lips and slowly he lowered his face to just over mine.

"Y/n are you up here?" Marlene McKinnon came bursting into the dorm room.

Sirius jumped off me and onto the floor, "oh my god I'm so sorry!" She said blushing bright red once she realised what she'd walked in on. She quickly turned and left, shutting the door behind her.

I groaned and planted my face in my pillow, surely the colour of a tomato. I turned my head slightly to see Sirius scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Bad timing," he muttered.

"You bet ya,"

He stood up all of a sudden, inhaled deeply and composed himself before speaking again, "I know the moods ruined and all but can I uhh... can I still kiss you?"

My face somehow managed to turn a deeper red but a smile appeared on my face, "hmmm I don't know..." I started, sitting up.

"Oh stuff you," he responded and, completely ignoring my comment, placed his hands on either side of my face and brought his lips to my own.