19. Ron Weasley

"'Ello Weasley," I sauntered up to disturb the lanky ginger boy, his neutral expression immediately morphing into a frown. Trying his hardest to concentrate on the game of wizards chess he was playing, he pointedly ignored me.

"Weasley, Weasley, Weasley. Measly Weasley what's up?" I singsonged while throwing myself across the common room couch, receiving a front row view to Ron huffing at the disturbance I brought with me whenever I encountered him. Harry shot me a discrete smile, knowing his chances of winning were a lot higher when Ron was distracted.

"Can't you find someone else to annoy?" Ron kept his eyes glued to the game as he spoke, holding onto that last remaining tether of concentration.

"Of course I can. But you know you're my favourite!" I announced, offering that cheeky smile which the boy liked to refer to as the 'Godric-what-is-Y/N-about-to-do-now' smile.

"We'll I'm busy. So go away," he muttered, accidentally as one of his pawns was simultaneously shattered by Harry's Queen.

"You make a solid argument Ron, but I'm going to have to decline. Look I'll help you even. Knight to D4"

Rons features darkened as his knight actually listened to my command, the piece sliding across the board right in front of Harry's King, "Oops"

"What the hell Y/N!?" His ears were glowing red before he could even finish speaking. He turned his head to glare at me and I received the full force of his anger.

"To be fair I didn't actually know the board would listen to me. What's wrong with your chess set why would it do that?"

He seemed to be trying to calm down his angry huffs and focus back on the board, "So now you're blaming my chess set for a problem you've caused by yourself?"

"Yes?"

"Piss off Y/N," realising I'd angered him too quickly to draw out the teasing any longer I accepted my fate and left them so Harry could win the game in peace.

~~~

The following Quidditch lesson started much like any other.

"Think you can get more than 1 metre off the ground today?" Ron pondered aloud as he passed me, a stupid little smirk on his face.

I scowled at him and positioned myself on the other side of Hermione. Maybe he wouldn't see how low to the ground I was when I was directly behind the other person in the class who was challenged when it came to flying. Madam Hooch blew her whistle to signal that we were allowed to kick off and the students around me rose to begin flying laps. I watched on in irritation as Ron was the first in the air, practicing dodges and turns.

Knowing the outcome already I pushed hesitantly off the grass and felt the broom sway from side to side. It always seemed to twitch and roll when I was flying, a sign that the broom liked me about as much as I cared for it.

"C'mon you piece of shit," I mumbled but with instant regret as the piece of wood lurched to the side, threatening to drop me 50cm to the ground.

Ron dipped down from the skies to laugh right in my ear. Great so he'd seen that. "Is that really the best you can do?"

I glared back at him and he laughed again, zooming off to parade his own talent. Looking back down at my broom and hoped that coaxing it might work.

"Listen, I know you don't like me very much and I wouldn't be asking unless it was really really important." The broom stilled and I imagined it was listening to me, "Could you please cooperate with me? Just has to be for 3 minutes but it's for a very important cause. Do you see that freckled boy over there? Yeah the one showing off. He's being mean to me and I want to spite him but I need your help. Do you think you could do that for me?"