Chapter 13

Trevor's POV

"Mr. Vergara, we have received a complaint from the Engineering Department about your behavior towards Mr. Damasen."

"Damasen? You mean Paulo?" What a jerk barging into our dean's office to tell me this piece of crap? This is a waste of time. I should be with Nica by now, feeding her food and monitoring her temperature.

"Yes. Paulo."

"I punched the guy, I admit only because I was protecting my friend." A wave of memories flashed into my mind showing Nica's reaction when I was beating the shit out of that guy. How her arms felt around my waist and how she looked at me, how her eyes showed that even if we're just strangers, she cares.

I sighed.

"You know we would do our best to take action on every complaint as much as possible." Our dean sighed. "But the guy wanted to file a lawsuit."

"A lawsuit? What's wrong with defending my friend?"

"His father is one of our stakeholders, Mr. Vergara." He looked at me intently. "He will not proceed with the lawsuit unless—"

"Unless what?"

He sighed. "Unless we replace you with Paulo for the Brain Collision."

Hearing what he just said made me hold the strap of my bag tightly.

I can't believe this. Making all this fuss just for a contest? Just because I kicked his ass? Just because he wasn't the chosen one for the contest? How can a senior like him be so immature?

I shook my head. "That can not be, dean. You know what I can do."

"I already contacted your father about this matter. It turns out he and Paulo's father are very close friends. According to your father, he had already spoken with Paulo's father and settled the mess. In that case, you will still be the contestant for the contest."

I'm waiting for the catch. I know there is a catch with this kind of matter.

"But you'll be suspended for 1 week."

After the dean and I talked, I got out of his office and sat down at the bench in front of the door. I was in deep thoughts, planning on how I would tell this to Nica when Craven and Chase sat beside me.

"What's the problem?" It was Chase who asked first.

I sighed and shrugged. "I've been into a fight with that Paulo guy and now, he wants to sue me. I had to be suspended for 1 week so the lawsuit would not proceed anymore."

"What's a 1-week suspension when you can hang around and chill?" Chase jokingly said as he laughed while Craven just shook his head and looked in the opposite direction of the hallway.

"You know I still have a contest with Nica, Chase. I can't screw this up. This is important to her."

"I knew it." He snapped his fingers. "That's why you've been ditching us this past few days, got into fights, and prefers to crash at her place, huh?" he looked at Craven. "I really feel betrayed right now, Cray."

"Alam niyo naman na nilagnat si Nica noong araw na 'yon. I only ditched you one time, Chase. 'Wag kang OA."

"Fine. I won't be OA but can you stop acting like you're the boyfriend?"

I sighed. "I'm not the boyfriend, Chase. I know that. I'm just a boy friend, with a space in between those two words." I tried explaining with all the hand gestures I can show bago sumandal sa bench. "It's not like I want this to happen anyway. I punched the guy for her sake."