Chapter 2

"Alright class, please be seated. I'd like you to meet our new transfer student."

Akemi trailed after the teacher as she walked into a class filled with eager-looking students. She stood beside the teacher and glanced around the room. Most of the male students were staring up at her with a look in their eyes she didn't understand. Some of them were even blushing when looking up at her.

"Please introduce yourself," the teacher said.

Akemi turned around and wrote her name on the chalkboard behind her then looked back at the class. She glanced at each person again before saying, "My name is Akemi Kumiko. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too!" Just over half of the students replied with smiles. The other students just looked at her. Akemi guessed a lot of them were expecting her to at least smile when she spoke or say more about herself, but she didn't.

After a minute of silence, the teacher said, "You can sit at that desk there."

Akemi nodded and walked over to the seat by the window that the teacher had pointed to. She say down and the teacher started her lesson.

Throughout the lesson, she noticed a few students staring at her. She had especially noted a pink-haired boy who had spent nearly half the class staring at her. She had even made eye contact with him and they just stared at each other for a few minutes before Akemi had turned her attention back to the window. Something about him seemed off, besides him just staring at her.

The second the bell for lunch rang and the teacher walked out of the room, Akemi found herself surrounded by students.

"Hi, I'm Chiyo Yumeha-"

"Where are you from?"

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Wanna get some ramen?"

"We're you sent here from Dark Reunion?"

"What are your hobbies?"

"Do you have any food?"

Akemi glanced from one student to the next, trying to keep up with what they were asking. Why can't they just leave me alone?

"Everyone, everyone, why done we give her some space," the crowd of students suddenly parted so Akemi could see a girl with blue hair and a visible glow. Akemi rubbed her eyes only for the glow to get brighter when the girl smiled. "Hello, I'm Kokomi Teruhashi. It's nice to meet you!"

"Uh, hi," Akemi replied, confused by the glow surrounding Teruhashi.

"Kumiko, right?" Teruhashi questioned, earning a nod from Akemi. "Well, Kumiko, what brings you to PK academy?"

Akemi tensed up, knowing where this conversation would end up, "I moved here two weeks ago."

"Oh, that's nice. Where did you live before coming here?"

"I lived in a small town a few hours from here," Akemi answered, "but you've probably never heard of it."

Teruhashi's smile faltered when she heard the tone in Akemi's voice, but pressed on anyway, "Why did you move?"

Akemi flinched at the question even though she knew it was coming. Her gaze fell to the desk and she clenched her fists. "We needed a change of scenery." Akemi cringed when her voice broke toward the end of the sentence and stood up before Teruhashi could say anything else. "Excuse me, I need to use the restroom."

Everyone's eyes were on her as she walked out of the classroom. She ignored it and quickly found her way to the restrooms. When she walked in, Akemi checked to make sure there was no one there before locking the door.