Chapter 7

The plane had successfully landed in Okinawa. During the flight, Akemi had been abruptly woken up by strange turbulence that didn't really seem to concern her classmates as much as it did her. Thought, somehow, the plane quickly righted itself only minutes after Akemi had woken up. She wasn't sure why, but something about the turbulence had confused Akemi. It had been bad enough to wake her up from her nap and for her to feel the plane tipping downward.

But when the plane righted itself, something else confused her. Saiki's sudden disappearance.

The pink-haired boy had seemed off since the first day Akemi meet him, but she had figured it was just because of his weird staring. But she couldn't deny that it was weird for him to disappear and come back soaked after a typhoon just disappeared and for the plane to suddenly fix its problems when he was missing.

Akemi knew it was just a coincidence. That she was just making things up in her mind. But she knew they were weird coincidences. She would just lookout for any strange behavior happening around Saiki.

Letting out a sigh, Akemi brought herself back to reality as she stared out the window of the bus. Beautiful scenery that started to bring back memories Akemi continued to push back down passed by as Mera, who was sitting next to her, stuffed her face with some of the snacks Akemi had offered her.

Her classmates were all chatting about the trip and soon, the bus had stopped at a restaurant. Then, after they finished eating, the groups were allowed to roam around before having to go to the hotel. Akemi had just trailed after Yumehara, Mera, and Teruhashi as they looked at souvenir shops. Once they were done and everyone had been called back to the buses, they made a short drive and arrive at the hotel.

When they had made it back to the hotel, they put all their stuff in their hotel rooms and ate. Not long after that, Akemi found herself sitting alone in her hotel room. The other girls she was staying in a room with had all gone off to the baths or some other place. About an hour after that, it had been time for lights out.

All of the girls who were in her hotel room had come back from wherever they had been before. All of them but Teruhashi.

Akemi paid no mind to the missing girl, but the other people in the room with her had grown concerned. Akemi tried to ignore them and sat over by the window. But then something caught her attention.

Since when did we have a room with an ocean view? Akemi asked herself as she stared at the open ocean. There was no beach, no buildings, just water. Just earlier I could see the city from this window...

Akemi blinked and suddenly, the ocean was gone and the city was back. She took in a sharp breath as she rubbed her eyes. Was that real?

"Where could she have gone?" Yumehara questioned, pulling Akemi's attention away from the window and back to the girls.

"I think we should tell the teacher," Mera suggested.

"Yeah, she isn't the type to sneak out without telling anyone," Yumehara agreed. "I'm going to tell a teacher."

"I'll go with you," Akemi suddenly said, gaining the other girls' attention. If what she had just seen was real, then they were just in the ocean and now were back. She wanted to make sure Teruhashi was alright. Especially since she was gone when Akemi had watched an ocean suddenly turn into a city.

"Ok, come on," Akemi followed Yumehara out of the room and they found a teacher and explained the situation to them. Then, they were told to get the other girls from their room and go look for Teruhashi.

"Do you think she went out to the beach?" One of the girls questioned, pointing outside the front doors.

"Maybe," Yumehara said. "Let's check."

Akemi went with the group as they all went outside and shockingly found Toritsuka standing out there. Akemi had only seen Toritsuka a few times, every time he had been trying to ask out some girl. She had always avoided him but now, all the girls were running toward him.

"There she is!" Yumehara exclaimed, running up to Toritsuka.

Akemi blinked, She?

"Where did you go?" Yumehara continued, only causing Akemi to become more confused. They were looking for Teruhashi, not Toritsuka.

"It's way past lights out! We were worried sick." Mera said.

"About me?" Toritsuka questioned.

Yumehara nodded, "We're so glad you're ok. Don't worry us like that again, Teruhashi!"

Akemi's eyes widened and she glanced from Toritsuka to Yumehara, then back to Toritsuka. Do they all think he's Teruhashi? How is that even possible? Is this some sort of weird prank? I don't understand what's going on. Something isn't right.

Toritsuka seemed just as confused as Akemi, "What?"

"What have you been doing, Teruhashi?" 

"Teruhashi? Me?"

Akemi rubbed her eyes and continued to watch the interaction. All the other girls seemed to think Toritsuka was Teruhashi. There would be no way Akemi would somehow mix the two of them up, it was impossible. Maybe this and what had happened with the window view had all been a dream.

"Hey, Kumiko, are you ok?" Yumehara questioned, snapping Akemi out of her thoughts.

"What?"

"You just seem really out of it. And we're heading back to the room." Yumehara said.

Akemi looked from Yumehara to Toritsuka, who had a bloody nose and the other girls surrounding him. They really think he's Teruhashi.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go." Akemi said, walking past Yumehara and walking back to the hotel in front of the group. All the other girls were seeing Toritsuka as Teruhashi. Akemi didn't know how it was possible, but it was happening. She couldn't just tell them that they weren't talking to Teruhashi, they were actually talking to a perverted, self-proclaimed medium, they would think she's gone insane. And there was also a chance that she was the one who was seeing things.

But that's definitely Toritsuka. He's acting like himself even though the other girls are acting like he's Teruhashi. This has to be some weird dream. But I certainly don't feel like I'm dreaming. And I never have dreams like this. Akemi glanced back at where the girls were all talking to Toritsuka, concerned for him since they thought hr was Teruhashi. If they all knew that was Toritsuka, they'd be running as far away from him as they could.

When they made it back to the room, Akemi grimaced as all the girls invited Toritsuka inside. Akemi knew this would happen since they all thought he was Teruhashi, but it made Akemi feel extremely uncomfortable. She stayed as far away from him as she could as he started his weird antics he thought he could pull off because everyone saw him as Teruhashi.

After a while, Toritsuka had stopped, mostly, and he and the other girls went to bed. This is horrible. Akemi thought as she stared at Toritsuka sleeping in Teruhashi's bed. She still didn't understand what was happening. The entire day had already been strange, but this was nothing compared to everything else.

"Hey, Kumiko," Toritsuka started with a dirty look on his face. Akemi tensed up and glared at him, "why don't you come sleep with-"

Then he disappeared. Akemi stared at the spot he had just been, her brain taking a few seconds to process what she just saw. Toritsuka had just disappeared. He was just gone. Akemi was glad that he was no longer in her room, but him just disappearing had only raised more questions.

But before Akemi could even start to figure out more about what was happened, Teruhashi appeared, asleep, in the place Toritsuka had been. Akemi took in a sharp breath, more questions appearing in her mind.

What is happening?