Chapter 10: The Wandering Tank

A/N: Have you heard the new Ice Nine Kills album? HOLY SHIT IT FUCKING RIPS! ICE NINE KILLS FOREVER!

We drove back to my house to grab all of my necessities before heading off into space. I immediately loped inside and packed a bag in my room. I had no idea how long I'd be gone so I packed a few days' worth of clothing changes.

"Hey mom," I shouted. Winter came right up to me.

"I love you so much," she said to me.

"I love you too," I replied as I went in to hug. "I'm off to end this whole thing once and for all. You'll see me soon."

"Best of luck to you," Blizzard said, "and may you reign victorious."

I ran back out. Nick and Judy were in the Primo Victoria tank. I got in too.

"Alright," I said, "I'm really good with directions and have put them into my phone."

"Thanks," Nick said.

"Okay. Continue straight on Bergen Street, in one mile, take the ramp onto highway 61."

"We got this now," Judy said.

We continued along in the tank, blasting Dragonfox on full volume.

"Alright," Nick said, "turning left on highway 61."

"Wow," Judy then said, "this tank can go highway speeds. Who knew?"

"I mean, it seems like it's the number one tank in the world," I said, "granted this is the only real tank I've been inside of. TAKE THIS EXIT! MOUNTAIN VIEW PARKWAY!"

Nick turned the tank onto the exit ramp and we drove mountain view parkway as it wound through the highlands.

"So," Judy said, "I guess we really go into space."

"Yeah," Nick replied, "that will be one weird experience."

"Tell me all about it," I said, "This will be interesting. Get to experience Zero G. Maybe the mothership has artificial gravity."

We continued up and over the Foxbury gap. I kept having to pop my ears due to the elevation change.

"And who are these 'Jack Savage' and 'Skye Renarde' mammals?" Nick asked, "I guess Skye is another fox because of the last name of Renarde, which is a very common fox surname."

"But so many mammals of all species are named 'savage'," Judy said, "Well, I guess we'll all find out."

Eventually, we came over the gap and arrived into the Dustlands Warehouse District. One could see how many buildings had gotten damaged or destroyed by the Slammerjams.

"Damn," Judy said, "They took out BigStage."

"Well, that venue sucked ass anyways," I said.

"I remember the only time I went there," Nick said, "Oh my fucking Satan that was terrible."

"TURN RIGHT ONTO FLANDERS PLACE!" The directions shouted out of my phone as Nick turned the tank.

"So," I then said, "we got to look out for 14572."

"Judging by this," Judy said, "it should be the next block."

"And..." Nick said, "there it is."

We parked the tank in the driveway there. The warehouse was small and seemed very dilapidated.

"Sure this place is actually occupied?" I asked.

"Well, who knows," Judy said.

We walked into the warehouse, which had its doors open. We could hear "Push It" by Stoatic-X playing over a speaker.