Chapter 17: Dethbrush Forever

"So, how does it feel?"

We were sitting in the green room of the Foxhole concert venue, where soon enough we would be the first band to grace it's stage in front of an audience. We had just completed a soundcheck. Vixy Wilde was in the room with us.

"Well," I said as I relaxed on the soft couch, "to be fair I'm jizzing my pants over the concept of being the first band to open up this venue. Well, I'm not actually jizzing my pants but you get the point."

"Also," Nick said, "we;ve only done the sound check and it's already the best venue in the whole city."

"This place is fucking sick!" Judy said, "I stood all around the venue and the sound was killer. Also it's just big enough for moshing and yet still small enough to really feel intimate."

"This place is fucking amazeballs," Finnick said, "glad we can do our first headline here."

"And invite up some stage pouncers," Duke said.

"All in all," I said, "this venue is definitely gonna be a success."

As you could probably tell, this was the opening of the Foxhole venue and we were selected to be the first band to grace it's stage. The same day, we released our debut album, entitled Dynasty. It was receiving a good amount of streams, especially due to the lead single of May The Legends Prevail, written about our epic space battle. After a few singles had been released, we were put on a tour with melodic metalcore band Foxfang (my teenhood idols and my gateway to metal) which provided us with some of our first out-of-town shows (our very first show was a local opening spot for Otters Of Metal at the Bergen Inferno). Our music was well received, but we weren't that popular. Our genre was quite niche, I mean, you probably have never heard of "Deathened Melodic Power Metalcore" but that's the best way I can describe the band as a blend of all those subgenres with the occasional folk metal and black metal mixed in here and there. I was quite ready to hit that stage. Oh yes, it was also my 21st birthday.

"So," Nick said, "what are we gonna do after this?"

"Well," Judy said, "I was thinking we'd all get drunk and then go burn down a church."
"Ah hell yeah!" I replied excitedly, "happy birthday to me!"

We all smacked paws with each other.

"Also," Finnick said, "it looks like we're gonna be at that perfect level, just seeing how things are going."

"Ah I know what you mean," Duke said, "just big enough to headline shows and make money but just small enough for intimacy."

"That's the way I like it too," I replied.

"Also," Judy said, "I love what we did with the costumes and the stage names!"

Duke was wearing his funky costume and decided on the stage name of "Big Gooch". Finnick had a vampire costume and his stage name was "Fennecula". Judy dressed as a pirate under the name "Captain Dekewod". Nick dressed in his Robin Hood costume in which he gave the bottom of it some shreds and called himself simply "The Outlaw", while I dressed in a custom, capeless, heavy metal superhero outfit with white, black and orange, under the stage name of "Snowfire!" written with an exclamation point at the end.

"Well," Finnick said to Duke, "You came up with this!"

"I guess I did," Duke said, "to be fair I was slightly buzzed."

Soon, our four stage techs came back into the green room, including Dakota Wagley. They also consisted of a Lynx named Ashley Yukon, a Wolverine named Hugh Gluttonson, as well as a Moose named Palmer Dulap.

"Well," Dakota then said to us, "just a few minutes until you're on."

"Ah fuck yeah!" I replied excitedly.