Just a letter

Winter POV.

"We'll probably end up married one day." Qibli had halfheartedly joked, that's what he had said in the scorpion den, and it made Winter ridiculously happy, then he always felt tingly near him. As if i like that sand snorter. Winter thought, And don't I like moon..? Rubbing his eyes, the ugly earring that Qibli stuffed onto his ear was still there. Winter sighed, this was too confusing for him.

Moon and Qibli loved each other anyways, so he'd never have a chance with either of them. Not that I like Qibli! Winter thought, feeling a little alarmed. Yawning, he looked out his window. The sky was painted a brilliant golden red, streaking across the sky. Winter blew out his lantern, going to bed.

He was standing in a flower field, the sky an ominous blue. Suddenly, Qibli was in front of him. The wind blew flower petals everywhere as Winter stared at Qibli, who mouthed the words:    

"I love you".

Winters eyes shot open as he sat up. Stupid me, what even was that dream? Looking out his window again, the moon softly glowed at him. Suddenly, Winter had an idea. An incredibly idiotic, awful and selfish idea. Winter took out a blank scroll and some ink, lighting a match to light his lantern, Winter started writing.

Hi Qibli,

I know you're probably very confused and wondering how a mystery dragon is writing to you. Well, we've met before but I don't want you to know who I am. Anyways, how are you? Simple question, I know, but to be completely honest, this is somewhat of the first letter I'm writing to someone.

The moon is very beautiful tonight. How is your relationship with Moonwatcher? I wish you live a wonderful life together. Gosh, I sound like a stalker, but I promise I'm not! You don't have to write back. Well goodbye.

-Unknown

Winter finished writing. I hope he doesn't think this is to strange. He thought, then mentally slapped himself. A mystery stalker dragon is writing a letter to him because of their own selfishness, how could he not find it weird and unsettling?

Giving out a sigh, Winter blew out his lantern and started getting ready to leave early. Dipping his snout into his rain collector, he finished brushing his teeth. Standing at the front door now, he slipped on his pouch before looking back at his desk, where his letter sat.

Feeling selfish, Winter stuffed the letter into his pouch. Only then did he leave his den. The sun had made its way into the sky, as Winter made his own way down the streets of Sanctuary.

"Hey Winter!" Gharial waved.

"Hey." Winter nodded hello.

"Where are you going this early?" He asked.

"Possibility." Gharial raised a brow.

"None of your business." Winter said in a monotone voice.

"Alright, have a safe trip." Gharial chuckled. Winter walked a little faster before taking off, where Winter headed toward the Five-tailed river, or better known now as where Possibility was located. It wasn't that was off from Sanctuary, unlike what Gharial had said. Taking a dive, Winter landed in Possibility.

Walking through the somewhat busy streets of Possibility, Winter saw a flower shop.  One step, then two steps forward. Eventually, he found himself in the shop. Gently looking around, he saw a few Carnations on the shelves. They were red, a dark red. Winter had no idea what drew him to them, as most colours other than white and blue were an eyesore.

Winter gently picked them off the shelves, and brought them to the from counter. A kind looking Nightwing sat there. A Nightwing. Winter thought. There was nothing to worry about, the feud between Icewings and Nightwings was over.

The Nightwing noticed Winter, smiling sweetly. Winter walked up, placing the flowers on the counter. She looked down at the flowers.

"Oh my..." She said sadly. Huh?

"What is it?" Winter asked. Is something wrong?

"You chose Red Carnations, they mean 'I miss you' and a strong sense of admiration. Did you get separated from a lover or something?"

"Huh?" Winter blushed at the thought of Qibli being his lover.

"I uh- I mean, no? He isn't--? Or-" The Nightwing slowly blinked at Winter, before quickly apologizing.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! I kind of just blurted it out..." Winter shook his head,

"No, it's fine." Why did I even think of Qibli... Winter shook his head.

"Oh! Do you think the flowers might survive in the mail" He asked. The Nightwing made a small 'hmmm' noise.

"It depends on where you're sending them do, you wouldn't mind to enlighten me?" Winter shyly looked aside,

"Jade mountain..." She chuckled softly,

"They should, the trip to there isn't far." Winter thanked her, then looked for some money in his pouch before the shopkeeper spoke,

"You know what? Your flowers are free."

"What?!" Winter yelped, very shocked.

"I couldn't do that to you!"

"Oh it's fine, just take them and go." The Nightwing winked, that's when Winter realized she had a teardrop scale in the corner of her eye.

"Ahah, don't worry, I'm not peaking around to much. Just enough to know that you need to send these flowers to 'Qibli'." Winter then realized what she was saying, blushing ferociously. With another realization, the skyfire he owned was left at home.

"Just go." The Nightwing said sweetly. Winter nodded and thanked her, leaving the shop. Now back on the busy streets of Possibility, the sun was now high in the sky. Winter decided to take flight as he glided to the post office. Winter landed in one of the least crowded spots and lined up to get his letter sent.

"NEXT!" The dragon shouted over the idle chatter. Winter moved up and met with a yellow Skywing.

"So? Where you mailing to?" The Skywing asked as Winter placed his letter on the desk.

"Jade mountain, for Qibli." The dragon nodded,

"And your name?" He placed the Carnation beside his letter.

"Just put 'unknown'." The Skywing raised her brow.

"Alright." She tied everything together, putting a tag on it before dipping her claw in ink and labeling it. She placed it in a shelf behind her and labeled that with 'unknown'.

"If the dragon sends a letter back it'll be placed here." Winter nodded as he gave her the money.

"Thank you, and have a nice day." He said, leaving the post office.

Winter sat in the park fiddling with his talons anxiously. Should I of sent it? He thought. He watched as a Sandwing-Nightwing couple passed by. Qibli and moon would be so much happier if I just got out of their life and didn't interfere. Winter gave his second drawn of sigh of the day. If only I didn't feel this strange feeling. Winter thought miserably.

"Hey mister!" A Rainwing dragonet said to him.

"Yeah? What is it little one?" He forced a small smile on his face.

"Dunno," The dragonet shrugged.

"You looked sad." Winter let out a small laugh,

"You wouldn't understand." Not that I understand either. The Rainwing dragonet pouted.

"My moms say that all the time." Before running off to do whatever they was doing with their friends. The sun was starting to lazily slant off into the horizon. I should head home. Winter thought, taking off into the sky.

A/n: 1231 words, nice.