Be warey of windy weather

Winter POV.

Winter couldn't stop thinking: what if Qibli sent a letter back? The distraction with Crystal and Gharial was wonderful, but short-lived. The next day, Winter went right back to thinking about Qibli. This feels like an obsession, and It probably is. Winter thought. Tapping his talon on his desk, he stood up and wandered over to the entrance. He had been resisting the temptation to go to Possibility and see if he had received a letter yet, but couldn't keep up with his curiosity any longer. He put his satchel over his head, opened the door and immediately fell over his claws. Winter sat up on the ground with a groan and heaved himself up.

Reorganizing himself with a drawn out sigh, he closed his door and looked at his surroundings. The oranges and reds on the trees did hurt his eyes a little, but he had to admit it was pretty. It was getting windier and the seasons were changing into autumn, but that pleased him. He always felt overheated and although he had gotten used to it, his Icewing body hated the climate. Winter pulled a piece of scroll and ink bottle out of his pouch and wrote:

Buy ice whenever

Winter looked down the list to see what he had to get done sooner or later.

Get caught up on Pyrrhia News

Fix my sleep schedule

Try to spend more time with friends and family

Be more grateful

A few more things trailed down the list but Winter rolled the scroll up.

Wiping his talon on a cloth he placed the items back into a pouch and flung himself into the air, heading to possibility once more. The skies were filled with broken cloud cover, Winter wondered how high up he could fly, ignoring the fact that he most likely wouldn't be able to breathe.

He felt weightless, soaring through the air, and he touched a cloud. Not a good idea, as his talon got wet. He shook the water off and continued a little higher. He felt a little light-headed, so he dropped a little lower underneath a few clouds. After a few more minutes of flying he landed on the ground, right outside the market of Possibility. He could go and buy his groceries today, but he wouldn't. A, he didn't have enough money for that, B, he had... other things to do.

Winter traveled down a few streets when he found himself outside of the post office. He walked inside, glancing at a stack of news-scrolls. I'll go get one later, Winter thought. Today wasn't as crowded as the last time, with only a few other dragons there. Winter approached the slots, where to his surprise he found a letter inside along with flowers. He was quite lucky if Winter thought about it, as sometimes dragons take letters from other dragons' slot's. Almost anything could've happened to his letter, but it was right in front of him, safe, and sound.

His claws were shaking a little as he took the letter out of the slot. He contemplated for a moment whether he should read it now or at home, when he decided that he should wait. Purple hydrangeas in a small pot, Winter carefully carried them in his talons. He pulled his little bag of money out of his bag and grabbed a news-scroll, approaching the counter he handed over the news-scroll and the appropriate amount of money. After the exchange Winter left and decided not to go back home right away- even though he was dying to see what the letter had said. He would try his best to distract himself like always. He found a nearby cafe where he sat down and decided to just think. Winter felt like he had done this so often but never took the time to do it.

Going places was much easier while he was living on his own- usually he'd tell someone where he was going- or plan to go somewhere, now he could just go to places almost whenever he wanted. Living by himself was a little odd for Winter, not having anyone to talk to- other than Crystal and Gharial. The thing was, he had only started talking to them once they had made the first move. Even so, he had spent most of his time studying scavengers, his only friends. But then again, his scavengers were just creatures, as much as he hated to admit it. He had no proof that they were self-conscious. The talons of peace hadn't contacted him often either. Winter brushed one of the flower petals on the hydrangea and let it sit on the table.