A tea party with better parents

Winter POV.

Even after waking up the next day, Winter couldn't help but still feel anxious. Getting up and out of his bedroom, Winter left his den. The only reason he was leaving to see Crystal and Gharial, to get his mind off things. Knocking on the door, it was opened for Winter to see Crystal on the other side.

"Oh hello Winter, come for a visit today?" Winter nodded in response. Crystal practically dragged Winter into her den, sitting him down in her kitchen.

"Would you like some tea? Or milk? I also have some treats." She rambled on. Winter decided to speak,

"Just give whatever you can spare me, you don't have to give me anything in the first place." Crystal patted Winters head,

"Nonsense." Crystal treated Winter like her child ever sense she came to Possibility, which at first was a shock to Winter when she appeared out of nowhere. Crystal was much more of a mother than tundra ever was, even though Crystal was only 5 years older than him or so. It bothered Winter the slightest bit- with the Icewing ranks and all, but he wasn't 'part of the tribe' anymore. Besides, he'd never admit to this, but he did enjoy it.

She set a plate of baked sweet potatoes in front of Winter, along with a cup of tea. Winter didn't exactly like hot things, but tea was alright. I wonder when Crystal made the sweet potatoes. Winter thought, while thanking Crystal.

"So, who's the lucky dragon?" Crystal asked. Winter stared at her, feeling very confused.

"What do you mean?" Winter blinked weakly, nibbling on his sweet potato.

"Well I know you wouldn't leave your scavengers just for some unknown reason, so it must be something- or someone special." Crystal made a little heart symbol in the air with her talon. Winter blushed, somewhat a lot, but it wasn't his fault. That stupid over grown scorpion.

"It's alright, you don't have to tell me anything right now." Crystal chuckled, patting Winter's head again. Winter gave out a sigh, glad of of gotten out of an awkward conversation with mo-...  Crystal. Suddenly, Gharial came into the room with a small dramatic gasp.

"Winter came over and Crystal made sweet potatoes?! Why did no one tell me?!" Crystal giggled. They really were made for each other, even though it was a inter tribal relationship. Now that I think about it, there are a lot of inter tribal relationships... Winter thought to himself, another thought of Qibli and Moon crossed his mind. I guess coming over here didn't really et my mind of of things... Winter gave a small sigh.

"Is everything alright Winter?" Crystal asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine." Winter smiled again.

"Why don't we all sit outside to eat, today's a lovely day!" Crystal said, lightening up the mood. Winter nodded,

"I guess it is a nice day." Getting up, Winter, Crystal and Gharial went out to the backyard and placed the food onto the table. Sitting down two birds chanced each other in the air, landing in a tiny tree.

"Okay so like, I might of overheard your conversation with Winter..." Gharial stated awkwardly. He what now? Winter thought, taking another sip of tea.

"I'd just like to say, are you dating someone?" Winter choked on this tea, violently coughing.

"Oh my gosh are you OK!?" Crystal worried. Winter nodded hitting his chest before giving a last cough. Breathing heavily for a little while, Winter quickly rearranged himself.

"Erm... no, I'm no dating anyone." Winter said flustered. It might of been his imagination but Gharial and Crystal seemed to relax a little.

"But um... I did leave yesterday to send... someone a letter." Winter didn't see any reason to not tell them, and he'd try to keep it a vague as possible.

"...And the dragon it was for is... somewhat of a friend? He's named Qibli."

A smile slowly crossed Crystal's face, "So that's who the letter was for! That's wonderful! Could you tell us more about him..?"

"Well he's a Sandwing, and kind of handsome. He's also really kinda and smart..." Winter trailed off, "He's also dating... Moon..."

Crystal and Gharial looked at each other before Crystal asked,

"Do you like him?"

"W-wha-? NO! As if I could like that- he's- he's already dating moon- not that I like him!" Winter stuttered.

"It's fine Winter, I'm sure you can still be friends at least." Crystal said. Winter nodded a bit before Gharial started talking about some strange food he ate. Winter finally let himself relax.

~~~

A/N: I'm so sorry this took so long and It wasn't even that long, class has been busy and my teacher kinda left our class and someone got covid-19 and I've just been so busy. But I'm trying  my best!