Kitchen floors are cold

Winter POV:

Winter was tired. He didn't want to do anything today, he didn't want to exist right now. But alas, life wasn't that simple. He lay there, splayed across his kitchen floor, his surroundings very, very quiet, excluding the soft hum of the outside. It was day time, though barely any morning light filtered through the blinds due to the heavy clouds. How did Winter end up on his kitchen floor in the first place, wishing that he didn't exist? He didn't really feel like recalling what had happened. And even if he did think about it, he really didn't know what happened himself. He happened he guessed.

Winter didn't care to do anything right now, he just wanted to curl up and stay there. He wasn't thinking about anything, he was just there. His eyes barely shifted, not really focusing on anything. It was... warm, but cold. Winter slowly closed his eyes, his consciousness slowly drifting off into a dreamless rest.

Wake up, Winter.

His eyes shot open as he dragged himself onto his claws. Shaking his head a little, Winter looked around, remembering that he was on his kitchen floor a few moments ago. Did I fall asleep? Winter wondered. His arm did feel a little sore, so he probably did. He slowly walked over to the blinds, reaching over the sink to tilt one of the slots. He looked outside. Still cloudy as ever, I guess.

Hungry. He thought simply, opening his cabinet. Surprisingly, it was empty. He went shopping every two-three weeks or so, and was living on his own, so he didn't run out of thing's as quickly as it would with a different dragon. He was also good at not eating a lot (take that whichever direction you'd like). Huh, I guess I don't have any pre-made bread left... I could go buy some, or I could just make my own. Winter contemplated his options for a second, before choosing that latter. He didn't want to go outside today, so he'd just make do with a little more effort.

He pulled out the ingredients for the bread, giving it a thought. Why do I have all these ingredients but not a simple loaf of bread? He thought snarkily. Getting to work, time passed quicker than usual. Eventually, Winter had to put the bread in the oven. Opening a kitchen drawer, he took out a little box labeled 'matches'. It was something Winter had seen on the market lately, ment for dragons who couldn't breathe fire, quite popular in the community.

After a few tries, Winter finally lit the match, tossing it into the compartment underneath the oven. The flames slowly spread and became somewhat even. Winter stared at it for a moment before snapping out of his second trance of this day, throwing the bread into the oven and closing the door- and setting the timer, of course. Pulling out a chair, Winter grabbed the newspaper he bought, which was neatly folded on the table, along with salt and pepper.

After 15 minutes or so, Winter went over to his small living room and rummaged through a few things, along with grabbing a scroll from the scroll shelf. Making his way back to the kitchen- which was only a few steps- he sat back down. He started to read an adventure story about the dragonets of destiny. How outdated, Winter scoffed with a small smile on his face. This isn't even true, they were just making things up, at that point the dragonets of destiny probably hadn't even left that cave, he thought, recalling what the dragonets- their teachers- had told them.

Nonetheless, he enjoyed the story.

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

Winter whirled around to the sound of the timer going off, 40 minutes already having to be passed. He grabbed an oven mitt, slipping it over his claw and opened the oven door. He took out the bread and let it cool and after a while it was done. All this work, for a single loaf of bread. He laughed to himself. He carefully took a knife out from a knife block and sliced the loaf. Plopping two slices onto a place, Winter sat down and ate.