Shourtney: Red Means I Love You

Reminder: Unedited story. Typos. Grammarly ain't working. Soowweyy.

October 31

Shayne
Crashing. Parts flipping through the sky. Head hits and then it cracks. The rest was quite a blur and until now it still remains as it is. I can't help but wonder what's so wrong, because everyone keeps giving me a certain a stare, a stare that you'd only give to someone who looks like he committed a murder, or just looking like a some sort of creep, or someone who does drugs. And I'm neither of those. I'm just a man, walking away from the discrepancy of my car crash. I wasn't hurt so,  I'm just gonna try and keep walking ahead. Mythical's just around the corner, and once I get there I'm gonna call someone to take my car out of the road.

I feel my bones clicking as I took every step. It's quite uncomfortable to hear but whatever. The Californian breeze feels hotter on my skin, as if I was burning. I couldn't feel my body temperature as I wrapped a hand around my wrist for whatever reason, but it didn't cause me any panic.
---
I get inside the Smosh main office to find all the seats were empty. The first thing I would usually do is shout or call out anybody if they were there, but maybe they were all shooting some place else inside the office. So I continued to walk, the clicking started echoing as the whole room was cavern. It was the only sound that vibrated. Silence, the silence was good, but somehow out of character for a place like this. The office was always full of noise and high spirits, but now as if it were a ghost town.

I decided that it was ideal for me to go to the breakroom, since it's never empty and maybe someone there can explain to me what the hell is happening here. Am I just slow or is the path just long enough, I don't know, I don't understand.

Well, it was after all October 31, Halloween day, maybe most of them went trick or treating or streaming on the Smosh Games' set.

I opened the door, and Courtney was there. Courtney. I promised her I would watch horror movies with her later tonight. Call it a first date, if you will. It's going to be so much fun, and I expect her to bundle up around me, and I would pretend that I, too, wasn't scared even though I know I'm already wetting myself with every jump-scare, and that we would end up getting no sleep, too traumatized for our own good. I already had plans for everything, I'd already pick a movie, I have already decided on which snacks I would bring and I know I'll be going home with her by the end of this day, and probably leave by four in the morning the very next day. It's a first Halloween with her, first fright night under the full moon, trick or treating, movie for two, ghost stories, and all that, and it feels so nice to know she's mine tonight. I'm ecstatic that my smile was wider than a carved pumpkin's.

"Trick or treat!" I called out, standing by the doorframe, "Where are the rest of them?" I asked her ever so casual. She looks up from her desktop, straight to me. Her reaction brought  me to a strange confusion. She just stares at me, with no words, her eyes bugging out as her head was twisted slightly to the side, and quickly, tears began to fall like raindrops before the actual rain fall.

"Why are you crying?" I asked, my voice began to sound gentle. What did I do? Did I say something she didn't like? Was there something wrong? Is she okay? Is she not feeling well to agree about tonight?

"Impossible..." She whispered lowly, her voice came out for the first time after being literally petrified, like being stunned by Medusa, to stone.

"What's impossible? Are yo having a hard time writing? I-I--I can help you with that," I started to panic as she cried harder

"You can't be here, you just can't be!" She sobs, and shakes her head aggressively as if I were going to be gone once she stops.

"Why wouldn't I be? I work here, babe. Don't tell me you don't want me now, we have a date later tonight, remember?" I tried to smile at her as if I were calm, but I deep inside I was completely bothered by her crying, I don't like seeing her cry. It's the worse sight one can ever behold.