Letting You Go ... 😊<>NuKuea<>😊1

😊

Have you ever been punched in the chest? That too by Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson?! I would guess it has never happened to you Neither had I experienced such a thing 

That too by Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson?!
I would guess it has never happened to you
Neither had I experienced such a thing  ...
Until ...
Hia coldly told me that I reminded him of the Annabelle doll.

Why did I ever expect him to compliment me?
Ever burning bright foolish hope ... is all I can blame it on.

We've known each other the whole length of my life and been officially engaged the past three years.

Nowadays, he barely looks at me, and even if he does throw me a glance ... its filled with nothing but barely concealed contempt.

I used to have a crush on him as a teenager.
Which my grandfather perceptively gauged way before I was courageous enough to come out.
In fact, Hia coming out to his parents inspired me to be honest with mine a few months later when I turned 15.

I admire him in every way possible.

His looks were the beginning point of my fascination with him when I hit puberty.
A handsome university sophomore tall fair with a husky deep voice.
He was nothing less than a Disney prince in my eyes, I was completely bowled over.

Then as it is with parents they pointed out all his positive traits, which are many.
So I looked towards him for inspiration.
I still aspire to be just like him some day.

Ambitious, driven, extremely hardworking, a go-getter, cut throat and take no prisoners attitude making a clear path towards the pinnacles of success.
I did my utmost to emulate him, looking to his set blueprint to mould myself, to be a better version of myself.
I paid keen interest in all that he did and in the way he did it.
Due to which...
I didn't even realise when the tiny crush slowly grew in increments and I was in love with the man I so respected and admired.

Hia used to be nice and friendly towards me when I was younger. As one would with a much younger nong. Our age difference always making him treat me as a child even though I was well into my mid teens by then. I didn't mind in the least every interaction made my heart boom and flutter.

He was always available, back then, to lend me a sympathetic ear as well as sound level headed advice when I had arguments with my parents, cheered me up whenever I felt down and even tutored me during my Madhyom years 5 and 6.

But, all of the geniality on his side, that I was building on to further our relationship, came to a screeching halt in the face of my grandpa's sudden decision.

He had an epiphany that ergo to permanently protect his hard earned life-long legacy; Hia and I needed to form a familial legally binding connection.

Any chance of him and I retaining a cordial relationship quickly disappeared like the bubbles in the champagne glasses people held up toasting us on our engagement.