😠<>Gilayn<>😠 - 5

.
The beers I had, have eventually made their way through my system forcing my need to relieve myself.
As I wash my hands, all the information over load about Kuea overwhelmed me and played in my head.

So many clues were staring me right in the face but I ignored them all, for fuck all reasons.

My reverie is broken by something that sound like low growls.
But Kuea doesn't have any pets.
So that can only mean... those are his drunken snores.

Woah! He's snoring really loudly.
Poor Kid!
He's so drunk!
*And my behaviour was what drove him to it.!
Yay Me!!!*
If I was someone else I'd punch me after seeing Kuea's miserable state.
The snoring eventually peters out .. but they are replaced by soft sobs.

Is he crying?
Hurrying in I see him curled up fetal and softly whimpering in his sleep.
Unable to help myself I retake my position beside him and spend a good fifteen minutes running gentle fingers through his hair, patting his back occasionally until he slowly uncurls and seems to be soothed, sleeping peacefully again gripping my hand, fingers intertwined with mine.

I cannot leave him alone tonight!
But do I dare to stay here?
If he finds me with him tomorrow, how will he react?

I need to call Leo and Jay as well.

Extracting my hand from his grip with extreme caution I get up and walk out of the bedroom.
Fishing out the post-it from my jacket pocket I proceed to contact Kuea's employers ... his true friends if I am being honest, to report that I had followed their instructions to the t.

I settle on calling Jay.
He seemed to be the level headed and more cordial of the two.

"Hello Jay ... it's Lian."
"Yup.. here" he flatly replied
"I put Kuea to bed."
"Where's the picture?" Leo growled back which meant jay had me on speaker.
"He's sleeping! I'm not a goddamn creep stalker to take pictures of a sleeping person without their permission."
"FaceTime us then." He scoffed patronising, as if he was dealing with a cretin.
"Fine ... hold on." I curtly replied.

I reluctantly showed them a peacefully snoring, lost in dreamland Kuea.
"Well ... good to know you can follow instructions." Leo snorted.
"Wait there! We'll be reaching in half an hour or so. Don't you dare leave." He commanded cutting the call.

That was abrupt and to the point.
This man completely unnerves me.

Ok ...
I have half an hour to kill ... and I'm hungry.
Kuea can cook he'd definitely have ingredients so I can whip up something.
Maybe Pancakes or something should be enough.

... @@@ ...

What the ...???

There aren't any cooking utensils of any kind here ??!!

There are no groceries of any kind anywhere.
Chips snacks and Instant ramen Only???

The fridge is empty as well ...

Ok ... EVERYTHING I know about him is False it would seem.

Snooping doesn't look good on me but my curiosity has been piqued so I have to quench it asap or I will explode!
I remember a lot about little Nong Kuea and teenage Kuea but the Kuea sleeping in the other room is a stranger to me.
Summarily to me - he's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

My only aim I have now is to solve this riddle, unravel this mystery and decode this enigma.

Hopefully, by the end of it I will either gain a husband or free us both of this as he said "toxic,poisonous thing" we have been entangled in because of our families.