Chapter 6

Hope tucked her head under Landon's chin and sighed, content?

What if we went to New Orleans. Hope asked after a while?

Is that where your family is?

Yeah. Since the first witch of every new generation in my family is exceptionally powerful, I'll need my aunt's help to handle that and with Mikaelsons, family is always and forever?

That means exposing ourselves to the rest of the world. Landon kissed the top of her head?

Maybe just my aunt at first. She's powerful and knows magic that might undo Malivore?

Landon's grip on her tightened?

What is it?

Killing Malivore permanently, that might mean killing me, since he gave me life?

Then, we'll find a way to save you, to bind you to me. Hope traced patterns across his chest. I won't let you die?

You're afraid?

I'm a wolf. We're pack animals and even if we're so called lone wolves, we seek out our pack when we're pregnant. Not having them around me, it leaves me feeling vulnerable. Her throat tightened as she admitted how she felt?

Landon rolled onto his side and brushed her hair out of her face. Hope laid her head on his arm, near his elbow so she could look him in the eye?

You really do need your pack, don't you?

Yes?

I'll talk to Seylah. I can't promise she'll agree to go, but at least she'll know that you're a werewolf and that the baby is actually mine?

Just as long as she knows, that's all I can ask?

It would make her feel better, if she knew that we would be making contact with a witch as powerful as your aunt seems to be?

Freya Mikaelson is one of the most powerful witches to ever exist and my family will stand by me if I reveal to them and prove to them that I am one of them. And they'll protect you since you're the father of my baby. That makes Seylah and Ryan family too. We protect our own?

How hard do you think it'll be to convince them?

Considering how paranoid they are. It could take months. Depending on how we handle it?

Do you have any ideas?

I'm thinking maybe a blood sample and a letter might get things started, because just showing up will only risk things turning violent, especially if my dad is in earshot?

Okay. Once I talk to Seylah, depending on what she says, you contact your family and we'll go from there. Landon kissed her forehead and pulled her back against him?

I love you, Landon?

I love you too, Hope?

What if Seylah says no?

We'll figure something out, because this baby is more important to me than Ryan is. This baby is a part of me, blood of my blood and I will be the best father that I can be to him or her. If that means walking away from Seylah and Ryan, I'll do it?

They're your family too?

Yea. But if it comes to choosing between Seylah or our baby, I will choose this baby?

You care about her. You wouldn't have stuck around so long if you didn't. Hope carded her fingers into his hair and kissed him softly?

She was the first one to treat me like a person, but I won't allow that to come between me and doing what's best for our child?