Chapter 9

For the next two days, they packed and removed all evidence of their presence in the house. After getting the paperwork squared away, with a little help from Hope, Raf was now living with them prepared to leave everything behind so he could learn how to be a werewolf?

Finally, they were ready to go, their cars packed up and everything non-essential donated to different organizations who could make use of it?

Thank you, for everything you've done for us. Seylah hugged Landon tightly?

They stood in front of the darkened house, night shrouded them, shielding them from prying eyes they prepared to leave?

Hopefully, we'll see each other soon, and if not, know that you've been a good son to me and Ryan and I owe you everything?

Take care of yourself. Landon pressed his cheek against Seylah's hair, then stepped back?

Get word to us when you're safe. Seylah directed, then cleared her throat, trying to pretend that she was completely unaffected?

You will. Hope promised. When we get phones, I'll send you the numbers?

Okay. You do that and Landon, take care of her?

I will?

With that, they each climbed into their respective cars and drove away?

Are you okay. Hope asked as they pulled onto the interstate?

I've gotten so used to having Seylah and Ryan around, it's just odd to not have them nearby. Landon laughed once. It sounds strange since I survived for centuries without them, but it now feels like they've been a part of my life for longer than they were?

They love you and now they're gone. It's okay to miss them?

I'm also afraid for them. Landon admitted?

Why?

Because I'm not there to protect them if Malivore finds a way to come back?

You think he'll come back?

He's not dead. I can feel it. If I can feel him, it means that there is a chance he can find away out of whatever prison world you being dropped into him created for him?

We'll find a way to stop him for good. Hope linked their fingers together and smiled at him?

She yawned suddenly and Landon smiled?

Get some sleep, sweetheart?

What about you?

You need sleep. I'll wake you up if something happens?

Hope smiled at him and leaned her head against the door, allowing herself to drift off?

Several hours later, Hope jerked awake?

Need to pull over. She choked. Now?

Landon flipped on the four ways and pulled off the interstate. No sooner had they come to a stop that Hope flung the door open and threw up until she had nothing left in her stomach?

As she spat again in an effort to clear her mouth, Landon handed her a bottle of water and she took a sip, then swished it around and spat. After several more times, she finally rinsed her mouth out as much as possible and she leaned back in her seat?

The baby hates me. Hope mumbled?

The baby doesn't hate you. Landon whispered against her temple. You're just dealing with a lot, but you'll be okay once we get to your family's place?

Is something wrong. Why am I sick now?

Morning sickness doesn't always strike in the morning?

Whoever called it morning sickness was a damn liar. Hope moaned?