Chapter 18

Nyssa Raelynn Mikaelson Kirby. His lips formed the name slowly. I like it?

She might be your new beginning, but she's my beam of light in the darkness that was my life. Hope exhaled in a chuckle. I guess it's become something of a tradition in my family?

What's that?

My parents named me after who I was to them and who my mother could have been. Now, we're giving our baby a name that is what she means to us?

Landon went to his knees and framed her belly with his hands?

Hello, Nyssa Raelynn. Landon kissed her belly just above her pant line?

Seeing him like that, interacting with their daughter as best as he could, had her emotions welling up. Nyssa kicked against him, almost as if she could hear him, and knew who he was. Hope choked back a sound that was a mix between a laugh and a cry as tears spilled down her cheeks?

Landon stood and cupped her face with both his hands, then kissed her softly. As they kissed, Hope carded her hands through his hair, digging her fingers into the curls. He nibbled at her lower lip with his teeth and pulled her as close to his body as he could?

Hope pulled away and looked at Landon. Her brows furrowed as she worked through the thoughts and emotions she was feeling?

What's wrong. He asked gently?

I want to tell my mom about this. Hope bit her lower lip. She's missed so much of my life. I don't want her to miss anything else?

You don't have to explain yourself to me, sweetheart. She's your mother?

Thank you?

Taking both her hands in his, he led her towards the bedroom door, then released her right hand so he could hold her left hand comfortably?

it's got to be difficult for her, finding out she has a daughter, only that she forgot her because of black magic, and that the daughter she can't remember comes home pregnant by a golem who isn't supposed to even think let alone fall in love or even knock anyone up?

I love you?

I love you. Hope smiled widely?

She's in the bayou right now, isn't she?

Yea. It's the full moon tonight and there's always a picnic?

Do you need a ride out there?

I can drive. Hope stood on her tiptoes and kissed him softly?

I guess we really don't need to live in each other's pockets all the time and I don't think the wolves like me very much. He ran the knuckle of his forefinger down her nose, a slight smile playing around his lips. Have fun with your mother?

I'm sure Kol has something planned for you while I'm gone. He's been itching for us to be apart so he can take you out for a night on the town?

I know. Landon said dryly, wincing a little?

He'll be nice. Or nice enough, and you'll have fun?

With that, Hope headed towards the door, waving as she went?

I'll see you first thing tomorrow. Landon called after her and Hope blew him a kiss?

Hope. Hayley called when she saw her daughter climbing out of the car. The wide smile on her face brought a similar expression to Hope's?

It took more effort to get out of the car than she was used to, but after a moment she managed to get to her feet?

What brings you here. Hayley hugged her tightly?